PDA

View Full Version : Bluegill & Redears

fishmounter
06-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Float tubed this morning for 3 hours. Fishing was not wide open, but still caught and released plenty of nice fish on super light tackle and had a good time. Fished all alone. 3 other 'tubers were bass fishing and that's it.
The female Bluegill looks almost like a crappie in this pic. That Redear took a long time to land. He would not give up!

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/LPlongHenBG.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/LPtoadRE.jpg

Kelster
06-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Nice looking fish. Have they replaced the buoys yet?

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-01-2012, 02:09 PM
nice job....hope i can fish with you one day
Float tubed this morning for 3 hours. Fishing was not wide open, but still caught and released plenty of nice fish on super light tackle and had a good time. Fished all alone. 3 other 'tubers were bass fishing and that's it.
The female Bluegill looks almost like a crappie in this pic. That Redear took a long time to land. He would not give up!

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/LPlongHenBG.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/LPtoadRE.jpg

fishmounter
06-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Kelster,... Nope. But, I asked the park ranger who opened the gate about the missing buoys and he said they definitely will be putting them back in place. Had a couple fishermen in a big pontoon boat with a huge outboard motor just go flying by me, full throttle! Not dangerously close, but too close to someone fishing in a float tube. I yelled at them, but they just looked at me and waved hello, so I waved back with my middle finger.

bassgrabber1
06-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Kelster,... Nope. But, I asked the park ranger who opened the gate about the missing buoys and he said they definitely will be putting them back in place. Had a couple fishermen in a big pontoon boat with a huge outboard motor just go flying by me, full throttle! Not dangerously close, but too close to someone fishing in a float tube. I yelled at them, but they just looked at me and waved hello, so I waved back with my middle finger.

hahahaha Jeff....thats what I do to them to!!! Steve and I went out yesterday afternoon and caught 7 bass ...then we switched up for some pan fish fun and nailed 15 in an hour...all were 6 to 8 inches....great fun!

SirBluegill
06-01-2012, 05:26 PM
I wish I could have been out there today, I will be there on Sunday though. Am gonna head for the reef and stick close to shore till I get to the buoys at the reef.

fishmounter
06-01-2012, 06:00 PM
SirBluegill.. That's a long kick! I got my fish at "Two Palms". You have to be out in at least 12 FOW or deeper to avoid all the grass on the bottom. Good luck! Let me know how you do..

Adam T.
06-01-2012, 06:34 PM
very nice, that red ear is huge!

phishin phool
06-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Nice to see ya got out to get em Fishmounter! That is an awesome looking Redear.

skunked again
06-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Hi Jeff,

Those are beauties. We were on the East side in the am, otherwise we would have come by to say hi. We did fairly well on bass with the biggest at 3 lb, 2 oz. Good numbers but most very small. It did not make a difference what size they were. It was a very pleasant morning and got windy as the day progressed. Good thing you got out at 3 hours. We did not manage finding a school of BG but did catch about 4 nice ones.

fishmounter
06-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Hey John, I think I may have seen you guys around 8-9 am, did you fish the east side of the island?

skunked again
06-02-2012, 05:26 AM
Hey John, I think I may have seen you guys around 8-9 am, did you fish the east side of the island?
We were at the island about 8:30.

M@M
06-02-2012, 09:35 PM
NICE fish!! Looks like you might of gotten the nice filets you were after...... Thanks for the report......I sure hope I can get to Perris and catch some of those little fighters soon!! :Envious:

fishmounter
06-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Yeah, I did get plenty of potential fillets, but they are still swimming in the lake! I decided to just catch and release those "little fighters". Those fish are just so much fun. Hard to kill something that's so pretty and give you that much fun. If only they jumped when on your line, they would be the perfect gamefish!

detailer
06-03-2012, 05:13 AM
I was bit on my left side by a bluegill at lake mead many years ago.The little bastard drew blood.

vortec_cruiser
06-03-2012, 09:55 PM
Did you use your fly rod at all, Jeff?

fishmounter
06-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Couldn't make it Ed? I kept taking my time unloading and getting down to the water but you never showed up so I figured something came up for you. Yes I used my Flyrod, but I cheated and used a modified drop shot set up with a dropper loop, size 8 black nymph and a small split shot on the bottom tag end. Slowly kicked along and trolled this set up along the bottom. Had a lot of fun.

vortec_cruiser
06-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Couldn't make it Ed? I kept taking my time unloading and getting down to the water but you never showed up so I figured something came up for you. Yes I used my Flyrod, but I cheated and used a modified drop shot set up with a dropper loop, size 8 black nymph and a small split shot on the bottom tag end. Slowly kicked along and trolled this set up along the bottom. Had a lot of fun.

I would have been there if it wasn't for a Friday morning plumbing emergency. Sorry to hold you up. I'm glad fishing was good for you.

cambofisher
06-04-2012, 12:02 AM
Great job out there fishmounter! Thanks for the post.