PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have personal knowledge of Catfish plants at the Pudd?

Cartman
05-31-2012, 09:00 PM
The DFG site is acting kinda goofy. The recording doesn't even mention LA County, and the online dataset for plants only includes one species. I sent the developers a note. Maybe they will fix it, but for now, I wonder if anyone knows first hand if and when the state has dumped any catfish in Puddingstone. I'm on recess from jury duty Friday and thinking of staying out there til late, and I would feel more confident if I thought I might catch a DFG catfish. You know how it can get after dark if you're not catching anything and you're looking at a long walk back to the airport. :Rain:

Thanks

etucker1959
05-31-2012, 09:57 PM
Cartman I think your one of the coolest duds on this board, and I would hate it if nobody has the answer your looking for. I can give you an answer that is 80% chance of being right. Use my answer if nobody else gives you anything. Sometimes something is better than nothing is my motto. As some of you know park catfishing is my thing. I really never use the DFG website because I figured out their system years ago. The DFG groups their catfish stockings in three groups, the group that Puddingstone would normally be in was stocked Wed May 16, 2012. Besides that, I vaguely remember someone on this board mentioning Puddingstone getting stocked May 16. If you really want to catch some catfish tommorow, I can give you some firsthand knowledge. The DFG will be stocking catfish tommorow around noon to two in the Orange County lakes. The two closest lakes to you are Tri-city in Brea and Laguna lake in Fullerton. Tri-city is also a very good lake for carp and I know you like to fish for them. Just a little food for thought. You can also fish Tri-city late.

white belt
05-31-2012, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the info etucker! Are there panfish at Laguna as well?

The Fishing Queen
06-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Cartman, just let you to know that the entire park is going to be closed on Friday due to some filming at the swimming beach.

smokehound
06-01-2012, 12:43 AM
Have you considered calling the imperial catfish farm for the information?

FeSantacl
06-01-2012, 07:01 AM
Your comment is very good:)

etucker1959
06-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the info etucker! Are there panfish at Laguna as well?

There usually is but last Saturday when I prefished it, I hardly saw any which is quite unusually.

etucker1959
06-01-2012, 08:02 AM
Cartman, just let you to know that the entire park is going to be closed on Friday due to some filming at the swimming beach.

Now that is a great answer!

Cartman
06-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Cartman I think your one of the coolest duds on this board, and I would hate it if nobody has the answer your looking for. I can give you an answer that is 80% chance of being right. Use my answer if nobody else gives you anything. Sometimes something is better than nothing is my motto. As some of you know park catfishing is my thing. I really never use the DFG website because I figured out their system years ago. The DFG groups their catfish stockings in three groups, the group that Puddingstone would normally be in was stocked Wed May 16, 2012. Besides that, I vaguely remember someone on this board mentioning Puddingstone getting stocked May 16. If you really want to catch some catfish tommorow, I can give you some firsthand knowledge. The DFG will be stocking catfish tommorow around noon to two in the Orange County lakes. The two closest lakes to you are Tri-city in Brea and Laguna lake in Fullerton. Tri-city is also a very good lake for carp and I know you like to fish for them. Just a little food for thought. You can also fish Tri-city late.

Thanks, eTucker. I have already made up my mind to give those ugly slimy creatures a taste of my bait after the sun goes down, and I don't know many places nearby where I can do that, so I have to stick with my original plan. I will take my iPod.

Carptain_Bao
06-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Thanks, eTucker. I have already made up my mind to give those ugly slimy creatures a taste of my bait after the sun goes down, and I don't know many places nearby where I can do that, so I have to stick with my original plan. I will take my iPod.

Maybe u should try SFD,I'll be there later lol

Cartman
06-02-2012, 10:36 AM
Maybe u should try SFD,I'll be there later lol

How did you do at SFD? Wasn't that their all-night fishing night? I imagine that is a pretty crowded affair. What's it like?