PDA

View Full Version : lake cuyamaca mosters!!!

fishinkid
05-30-2012, 10:27 PM
Went up to lake cuyamaca last friday till monday, went with my dad, uncle and my grampa. The first day of the trip was super windy and cold so we could not take the boat out on the water. Me and my dad decided to fish the shore it was a good choice. We started off the day with my dads first trout being a 6.25 pound beautiful sierra bow on a white B.line worm on a lead head, not to bad of a first fish. We had to fish hard for the rest of the day only caught 10 trout between the two of us but the five we keeped went 27 pounds the biggest being a 8.12 pounder caught by me also on a white b.line worm on a lead head. The next day the weather calmed down a little bit so we toke the boats out. Between me and my dad we caught about 40 trout (all released safely) biggest might of gone about 4 pounds. But my uncle got a 8 pounder on a crawly brown b.line chuby and my grampa got a 5 pounder on a white b.line worm split shotting. The next day the fishing was even better my granpa and my uncle had to leave around noon. Me and my dad kept on fishing we caught i dont even know how many trout on a white b.line worm on a lead head(all fish were released safely) exept for the two we kept which went 5 pounds each(i also snapped of about a 13 pounder) That monday we could only fish till noon unfortantly because the fishing was on fire i got a 8 pound bow on a white b.line worm split shooting and another 9 pound bow on the same thing. Over all nice weeken with my uncle, dad and grampa with some huge trout caught.:Big Grin:

a321eric
05-30-2012, 10:44 PM
Heck ya man! Those are some nice ones!!!

Prowler_Tuber
05-30-2012, 10:46 PM
sweet catch

bassfishing24/7
05-30-2012, 10:49 PM
Those r some nice fatties,good job out there!

etucker1959
05-30-2012, 11:53 PM
Whay to go on some monster trout. Any special spot you caught alot of them in? Iv'e been there before so I know the lake in my head. If I had to guess where you caught alot of them at, I would say starting at the dam and heading west on the south side of the lake. How close was I.

fishinkid
05-31-2012, 06:50 AM
Whay to go on some monster trout. Any special spot you caught alot of them in? Iv'e been there before so I know the lake in my head. If I had to guess where you caught alot of them at, I would say starting at the dam and heading west on the south side of the lake. How close was I.

yup thats pretty much right the best spot was lone pine but we caught them all along the south side.

BillyW
06-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Damn you guys killed it. Me and my dad were up there on the 26th and didnt do too bad from shore. Our 8 fish weighed in at 12 pounds biggest were 2 at 3lbs. we farmed like 3 fish that were around 5-6 poundders. we caught em on minijigs and powerbiat. are those b line worms good?

fishinkid
06-08-2012, 01:34 PM
yea man those b.line worms annd b.line chubys by b.line jig company work really really good if you would like any to try out just IM me and ill have brad the owner of b.line jigs send your order right out.

flyhigh123
06-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Is the b.line a bait and wait or a cast and reel? I don't see any info on it online.

Surprised the water isn't warm enough to push them deep. Shorefishing for trout still good?

fishmounter
06-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Wow! very nice! Just too bad that those big beautiful Rainbows have to have those cut tails. That sure is a pretty place.

fishinkid
06-08-2012, 04:52 PM
Is the b.line a bait and wait or a cast and reel? I don't see any info on it online.

Surprised the water isn't warm enough to push them deep. Shorefishing for trout still good?

The b.line worms and chubys are jig in type of baits. We ether put them on a lead head also made by b.line and jig them in slowly or you can wacky hook the worm or chuby with a tiny J hook and a tiny split shot and jig it a couple times let it sit for a minute then jig and repeat you can also power mouse the worms with powerbait and wait for the bite. The website for B.line jig co. will be up in the next couple days it is being updated right now.