PDA

View Full Version : Owens River

PESCADO1970
05-30-2012, 09:05 PM
Ive been to Big Pine Creek for about 10 yrs. I never want to leave. That is also the problem. I want to fish the Owens River but I have no clue on where to start. Can anyone guide or help me with this?

Beancounter
05-30-2012, 09:23 PM
Call up Bishop Chamber of Commerce for some of their maps...or Google maps.
The Chamber has some nice maps.
There are some roads listed that intersect the 395.
Then take a road...East. You will cross the "O" eventually.
Have fun!

phishin phool
05-30-2012, 11:23 PM
Sheesh, where do you start? The Owens is a (to me) world class fishery and there are so many ways, and locations to fish. What is your primary way of fishing? Bait, fly, lure? You can catch everything from Native Browns & Bows, stocked Bows, Catfish, Bass and nice panfish...... But remember to always respect its beauty and ranking as the awesome fishery it is, and practice responsible catch and release as much as possible.

FSHNLIC
05-31-2012, 05:42 PM
Ditto on what phishin phool said... I too believe the owens is a world class fishery with tremendous opportunities... It all depends on what u want to fish for... keep the stockers and carp (hahaha) and let everything else go

chico
06-03-2012, 06:40 PM
ditto, catch and release. and please pick-up after yourself.

Viejo
06-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Right now the Lower Owens is running around 400cfs which makes it difficult to get to the fish. Wading is out of the question. I would suggest the Upper Owens above Crowley.