PDA

View Full Version : Surf fishing newbie!

Mattsquatch85
05-30-2012, 08:33 PM
I just got into saltwater fishing and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to tell me where there is a good spot to go surf fishing. I would really like to catch some Halibut or some WSB. Im not out to move in on someones turf but just out looking for some good fishing :Wink:

HeavyWeight34
05-30-2012, 09:05 PM
You have to know the beach first and any beach will do. Try to find were the rip tides are during the low tide or even areas where the water looks a bit deep when the tide comes back in. And when the tide comes back in put a line in the water.

Mattsquatch85
05-30-2012, 09:32 PM
True. I head down to the Balboa pier quite often, guess I better do some homework so I can get some nice bendo action!! Thanks for the advice!

Which Way Out
05-31-2012, 06:46 AM
My first suggestion would be to please go to the Surf Harbor Bay Fishing section. Then read Sticky #2 & #3 these will help tremendously.

Finding the best location will depend on many things, such as how far do you want to travel being the most overlooked. Read the latest post as well as go back and read as many older one's. But nothing can replace time on the water. The more you spend on/in the water the more you will understand about the written reports and there not so hidden clues.

A wise man once said, You can't catch a fish on a computer. It might help, but nothing replaces time well spent fishing.
Good luck

WWO