PDA

View Full Version : Team Tournament Sat.?

5150fishn
05-29-2012, 09:26 AM
Did anyone fish the Team tournament on Sat. Just wondering how the bite was. Didn't see any reports anywhere. Maybe most people were out of town like myself.

Rooster
05-29-2012, 12:22 PM
I was in Big Bear this weekend, but by the looks of it... rat fest.

Bite On Team Trout Tournament!
1.Marty Saucecda and Phil Hildebradnt 10fish 13lbs
2.Dusty Faiello "Mr 11th" and Johnny Faiello 10fish 12.8lbs
3.Peter Mijareo and Javier Castillo 10 fish 12.4lbs
4.Gilbert Ahmad and Eric Apelan 10 fish 11.8lbs
5.Sean and Ian Garcia 11lbs

5150fishn
05-29-2012, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the info. Rob! I guess the fish were plentiful but small. Time to put away the trout gear for awhile.

JAG107
05-29-2012, 06:08 PM
I was there. 100% troll day, picked up 2 right away near the dam, then it got slow...2nd fish went 2-9, next 1-4, the rest under 1-0, so yeah the usual ratfest as we have become accustomed to this spring. After the midlake bite died, I trolled the flats out of curiosity to see if there were any trout left over there....nope. But I did get 2 two lb largies and a 6 lb cat...ON A THOMAS BOUYANT. Lost one trout, landed total of 7 for a stringer weight of 8-1 for us. We may have cracked the top 5 if we filled our limit, but it was not to be. I think most teams got their limits (slow pick) on bait at the west shore. .So I'd say don't get too excited about the upcoming "no limit day", you'd be doing very well by getting one limit at this point. Water temp was actually down 2 full degrees from last week, was in the 69ish range most of the day. Wind made boating a bit difficult, but manageable. Catfish time everyone!

Marley
05-29-2012, 09:29 PM
I got four on the west shore after a very late start. Small fish, but tasty. Effing wind was killer for a while then it died for a bit, just like the bite. Fish bit better in the wind, I think partly because it kept a belly in my line and the worm up in the water column. Three of them came on the flylined half-crawler, I think about 20 feet down. Hard to tell. Fourth came on (gag) Power Bait. I dragged a cop car Needlefish around at 5 colors for an hour or so, then dropped the weight and got it to stick after one blow-off. Tried drifting worms on the wind at the end but it was a bit too strong and out of the wrong direction. Had mack and heavier tackle (800XL and Torium), decided not to try for whiskers. Next time.

BRING IT
05-31-2012, 01:32 PM
water temp 71. My teamate and I tubed the flats alllllllllllll day, meterd fish at 17 to 36ft. the bite was hot and cold UNTILLLLL, I found out what they wanted (smoke sparkle mini jig) It was on fire for RATS...lol. We weighed 9 fish for 9lbs. We lost the last 3 fish to JAWS the bass, F#@*%ERS......lol The RAVE tunes kept every angler dancing on their boats, tubes and yaks. a sight to see for sure...lmao Exiting the water with my tube and rods in hand I sliped on a rock pile, saving my rods and tube from slaming to the ground, but my knee got the worst of it. I tore my new waders and bruised and gashed my knee cap pretty bad(still limping around) I WILL SURVIVE.

Have Fun / Fish Hard
BRING IT:Guns:

5150fishn
05-31-2012, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the report Scott. Bummer about the knee and waders bro! It is amazing how quickly the bass can steal a trout!Lol

Hometown
06-01-2012, 07:04 PM
Scott thanks for the report bummer about that gash in your waders and knee ouch

fishfnatic
06-01-2012, 09:28 PM
That sucks Scott. Sorry to hear that. A quick and speedy recovery to you. There are more fish that need to be slayed!

BRING IT
06-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Thanks guys, the knee is still sore but getting better, patched up the waders with a awesome kit from REI($20). But bought new ones just in case. Or maybe use the patched one for the surf. Surf fishing is sooooo much fun