PDA

View Full Version : Palm Springs and Lake Cahuilla Aquaduct region

carpanglerdude
05-27-2012, 11:57 PM
I've never fished the aquaduct before, but I may be in the Palm Springs area soon. I noticed Lake Cahuilla and a canal (aquaduct) coming out of it on Google Maps. Are fisherman allowed to fish this area of the aquaduct, as it passes through the city, near the lake If not, what's the closest place a total aquaduct newb could fish it from? Or would Lake Cahuilla probably be a better bet? I'd like to at least wet my line in the water while out this way and this looks like the only place to do it.

Thanks in advance!

Which Way Out
05-28-2012, 08:09 AM
Search around some past post in the Colorado River Reports section
Give the lake a try. FYI, I heard you can't float tube it any longer.

The dirt jetty, if its still there could be good if water is flowing between the end of it and the east bank of the lake. You more than likely won't see any trout this time of year. They either get caught or die due to high water temps in the summer.
However the lake has had great Bass fishing in the past. Just look at the Colorado river reports of some local guys post to see whats going on.

Good luck, I hope you don't mind the heat.........

WWO

carpanglerdude
05-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Which Way Out, thank you for the reply! Sounds like Cahuilla it is!

CraigH
05-28-2012, 09:53 AM
Lake Cahuilla is more manmade than most lakes. Almost all of the lake shore is concrete steps with a dirt road behind it so you can drive around most of the lake. There are 5 or 6 shade patios around the lake, and very little shade close to the lake. Between the lack of shade and the concrete shore it can get really hot fishing the lake so I'd suggest you bring water, sunscreen, a big hat, and some kind of shade structure if you are going to fish anywhere other than the covered patios.