PDA

View Full Version : Fly fishing Legg Lake with StroBao13 5/23

Thisfool
05-26-2012, 10:50 AM
well after shooting a pm to StroBao13 when i read that he was interested in fly fishing for the gills we arranged to meet up on Thursday.

we walked the north lake and tryed a few spots but we dint have any luck nor did we see anything in the shollows so i suggested we try the middle lake.

first spot we came up to it was on

oh yea we were only using bead heads

as we came up to the spot StroBao13 was retying on a fly and on my second cast my fly gets nail hard on the drop on my pole gets a sweet bend in it and i was actually thinking it might be a small bass the way it was going. i got it in and it was a nice what i think was a green sunfish about hand sized phone wasn't working right so no pic of the first one

finally StroBao13 has got his fly tied on and makes his first cast and he gets slammed hard and brings in what looks like a green sunfish.

two casts latter i get hammered again and i bring in this guy hes smaller then the first but still a nice size fish for legg lake

http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a424/Travis_Hernandez/2012-05-24182840.jpg

StroBao13 picked up one more green sunfish then it looked likes the spot is dead so we move down a few more spots and once again it is on and we are picking up blue gills this time.

i finished up with 8 Fish C&R and i think StroBao13 finished with 5 fish C&R and it turned out this was his first time fly fishing way to go bud you killed it.

Carptain_Bao
05-26-2012, 04:39 PM
thanks man. that was some fun time we spent at legg. gotta get back there soon!
really nice to fish with you!

The Fishing Queen
05-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Nice report! And good job, bao! Pretty good catch for your first fly fishing expierence! How do you like your new fly rod?

Fishnfun
05-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Nice job on the fly!

Carptain_Bao
05-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Nice report! And good job, bao! Pretty good catch for your first fly fishing expierence! How do you like your new fly rod?

thanks, the fishing queen! gotta have to say fly fishing is amazing! My 5wt rod might be a lil bit too strong for those sunfish but they still gave me some great fights! cant wait til I go back again!

smokinflies
05-28-2012, 11:43 AM
Cool to see that you're still practicing the art of fly fishing.

troutman27
05-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Dig it
TM27