PDA

View Full Version : LA or OC

reelgurlzfish
05-25-2012, 04:37 PM
where are they biting ? would like to catch trout but i know that's a challenge so Cats are my 2nd preference

etucker1959
05-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Northern LA county lakes got stocked with catfish this week. Orange County will be stocked with catfish next week. Trout you are out of luck on that one if you want to stay local. FYI they only stock catfish once a month per lake. They also start stocking catfish in May and June and then they take the summer off. They will restart catfish stockings about the time the kids go back to school. Take advantage of these stockings of catfish, when they restarted catfish stocking last fall alot of them died soon after they were stocked.

reelgurlzfish
05-25-2012, 06:34 PM
Northern LA county lakes got stocked with catfish this week. Orange County will be stocked with catfish next week. Trout you are out of luck on that one if you want to stay local. FYI they only stock catfish once a month per lake. They also start stocking catfish in May and June and then they take the summer off. They will restart catfish stockings about the time the kids go back to school. Take advantage of these stockings of catfish, when they restarted catfish stocking last fall alot of them died soon after they were stocked.

thanks for the info. i don't know three catfish stocks were so sporadic!

bassfishing24/7
05-25-2012, 10:38 PM
where are they biting ? would like to catch trout but i know that's a challenge so Cats are my 2nd preference
Check out the reports from irvine lake,its one of the lakes that still have trout and also cats.