PDA

View Full Version : Hoping to get just a nibble this weekend at San Luis Reservoir!

Reel'emIn
05-25-2012, 01:29 AM
This fishing trip has been delayed for 1 year. Finally have this weekend free to go to the San Luis Reservoir to try to get in on the striper action. The only problem is I don't know where to fish since the reservoir is huge. I'm also from southern California and I don't know the area at all.

I've attached an aerial map if anyone is kind enough to indicate where I can hope for at least a nibble! Also, any advice on bait, best time of the day, etc would be greatly appreciated.

cutbait
05-25-2012, 05:06 AM
Try the Oneil forebay and the duct below it also. Last two 60 lbers in Cali caught were Oneil fish

Reel'emIn
05-25-2012, 12:09 PM
Try the Oneil forebay and the duct below it also. Last two 60 lbers in Cali caught were Oneil fish

Thanks for the reply cutbait! Oneil forebay also looks big so I hope I can find the right spot!

trail blazer
05-26-2012, 07:01 PM
2 best bait and wait places on the forbay are the upstream gates coming into the lake and the channel underneath the HWY 152 bridge.

Never know where there at in the s,luis lake,,,,,,,,,boat is best there ,,,,best also in the forbay,,,,,

Be careful of the wind there,,,sometimes it blows like heck!

TRAIL BLAZER