PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear Carp?

DirtyDave413
05-24-2012, 10:06 PM
For you guys that have been up to big bear fishing recently, have you seen many carp showing up? I'm dying to get up there and stab them suckers. I know the spawn usually hits in early to mid june.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/DSidoti/Hunting/firstcarp.jpg

Cameron
05-25-2012, 07:38 AM
Their out if ya can beat the wind...

Skyler
05-25-2012, 09:20 AM
Hey, Dave. I was up there a couple of weeks ago and shot 6 from shore in a couple hours east of the cuttoff. I was working the boardwalk. I posted a report up on Jesse's. I'm going up again on Saturday. I'll let you know how it goes.

DirtyDave413
05-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the tips. I'm going to try to get up there June 9-10

Skyler, I no longer post on jesses

blackberg
05-25-2012, 10:31 AM
huh, I taught you had more posts here...

I was there 2 weeks ago, saw a couple near the pier , but my bow was out of commision,
I should get it back next week.

-bb

Skyler
05-25-2012, 11:42 AM
huh, I taught you had more posts here...

Any posts between last November and last month were lost in the great FNN server crash of 2012, lol.

Dave, what happened if you don't mind me asking? You were pretty active over there.

DirtyDave413
05-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Any posts between last November and last month were lost in the great FNN server crash of 2012, lol.

Dave, what happened if you don't mind me asking? You were pretty active over there.

There was a discussion on JHO about how slow the sight was. Seems a number of members were experiencing the same thing. I chimed in and said, of all the forums I am a member of, JHO is by far the slowest and by far has the most advertising, banners, logos, etc. Just putting 2 and 2 together and said goodbye.

bowler
05-26-2012, 10:08 PM
I was at Big Bear Lake last Saturday and I saw over 50 carp in the spot I was fishing. I had my bow but every time I picked it up the carp would be out of shooting range. I took a few shots but missed. But one thing is the Crappie bite is WIDE OPEN last week.

DirtyDave413
06-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Skyler, was that you (guy in camo) that I ran into saturday on the Boardwalk at the east end? I was with my Daughter and my Brother. Didnt think about it til afterwards that it might have been you.

Skyler
06-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Yep. That was me. I was wearing camo pants and a green shirt. Had a mesh backpack with a couple fish in it. I was shooting a compound with a retriever. You were the guy in that silver truck that parked between the bridges?

DirtyDave413
06-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Yep that was us. That is me in the pic I posted at the beginning of this thread. ^^^
Maybe I'll see you up there again. Are you shooting the Tournament in a couple weeks?
It was slow up there. Looks like the spawn has not hit yet. Hopefully it is good for the tournament

Skyler
06-12-2012, 11:13 AM
I wasn't planning on shooting the tournament. I plan on heading up again this friday. Hopefully there will be les crowds. I'll be up there a lot though throughout the summer. I'm trying to stay in shape for deer season. Gonna go for A31 this year instead of D14.

blackberg
06-13-2012, 12:28 AM
last year I was up there the week after the tournament, and it was hopping, carp everywhere.
Ill be up there for the tournament, not sure if we are registering our not though, we will decide on that Friday I guess.
-bb

DockRat
06-13-2012, 06:11 AM
Back in the 60's used too see many Carp around Papoose Bay.
We had a cabin before Boulder Bay when I was a kid.
DR