PDA

View Full Version : Castaic lagoon 5/20 late report

Armofisher818
05-23-2012, 09:27 PM
Went to the goon with the family to do a picnic, it was a sick day i could tell once we left the house. I was drying the kayak for two days straight and was hoping to launch it. We got there at 7 and i launched at 12 ready to fish. Thr kayak passed the test like nothing. Just keep your yak dry everywhere and keep it flipped over upside down on your car when you go and youll be ok. Well back to fishing, my first time at the goon and im searching for structure, went to the tall grass at the back end. I was paddling slowly and i could see some fish in the shade just cruising around or sitting still threw out a bait but no takers :/ then i got closer and found out they were carp. I tryed to fish a little for bass around rocks and stuff but it was kind of hard in the yak cause the wind kept on blowing me away and i had no anchor. Then i found this little cove by the gras and i paddled slowly at a snails pace then went inside the cove. I look down and see a whole mess of carp, big ones at that, i throw the roboworm but again nothing. I then tried what alot if people dont ever do, i stood on the yak i know im a bad a$s :Dancing Banana: you wouldnt imagine but it was pretty stable, i even push poled my way out of the cove!! As i was standing all stealth in the cove i saw about 5 21/2-3 foot carp just cruise by if only i hooked into one :( even tryed snagging em no luck. Float tubers did good one guy said he caught five bass from 7-11:30. Another guy on the kayak caught a couple bluegill. This is like my fifth skunk in the row and no fish since december :(. And one question, how do you guys on yaks control the drift? Do you just. Anchor down or use a drift chute? It gets annoying trying to work a plastic worm slowly then you see ur ten feet away from where you started or sitting right on top if it. Sorry no pics.

ThatKidCASH
05-23-2012, 11:44 PM
Try casting into the wind. It works when my boat is drifting. I know your frustration.

Armofisher818
05-24-2012, 12:52 AM
Try casting into the wind. It works when my boat is drifting. I know your frustration.

Did that, didnt work.

HBAR
05-24-2012, 02:49 PM
"Just keep your yak dry "

I told you didn't I! but noooooooooooooooooooo you don't listen to me.

Armofisher818
05-24-2012, 02:54 PM
"Just keep your yak dry "

I told you didn't I! but noooooooooooooooooooo you don't listen to me.

What you mean i didnt listen to you? I kept it dry:Big Grin: