PDA

View Full Version : S.W.A.T. A few good trips!

murrieta angler
05-23-2012, 04:03 PM
Been busy with work the last month or so but working only a minute away from the ocean I have been bringing my rod and reel everyday.
The sessions have been between an hour and two, with more than one skunk, but I don’t mind, it’s being in the surf and getting my ”Life’s Bearings” in order that matters the most to me.
My Buddy Frank with a nice fat Cabbie,
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/imagejpeg952-1.jpg

A decent YFC,
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/image-173.jpg

A Striped Sand Bass on one trip,
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/image-174.jpg

A decent Spotted Bay Bass,
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/image-177.jpg

A legal flatty at 23” from last Tuesday,
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/image-175.jpg
I did catch a 24”er as well but lost the picture during transfer…:mad:

This was yesterday, I read that conditions were going to be changing for the worse, so I hit it for a couple of hours,
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/image-181.jpg
As soon as I hit the water, I saw one of those black birds swimming and diving for baitfish, which is always a good sign…:Big Grin:

A little later I caught another BSP but was pleasantly surprised when I got a nice SLAMMM on the LC,
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/image-178.jpg
Taped out at 27 ¼”.

It looks like a rockfish with it’s bladder sticking out,
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/image-180.jpg

The last fish was this 19” shorty,
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/image-179.jpg

It hasn’t been going off down South here, but there’s been just enough fish to make you keep coming back….NO AA JOKES!!

The water is up to 66 degrees in some areas, if you aren’t getting out, GET OUT!!!

Take Care,
Robert
<><

Mr_Dunev
05-23-2012, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the report Robert!!

You have a very nice variation of fish there. You look like you have been putting in some good time on the sand, even if only for an hour or two. Wow the water is up to 66?!?! I didn't realize how quickly it was warming up. You seem to be doing very well this year so far, keep up the good work!

Thanks for the pics,
Lucas

SP Dan
05-23-2012, 04:18 PM
Hi ya "Brother" murrieta angler,

Hey Robert.....what a fun report brother! I like the quick fishing up date! Great variety pack!
First-of-all...."Congratulations"....not only for taking every opportunity to hit the salt and for landing a legal Hali ...but for your almost legal WSB! :Thumbs Up:WTG!!

I've been up here at Big Bear Lake since last Friday (until this coming Friday) and have been landing 1 1/4 to 2 1/2 lb trout off my private dock. It's just not the same as hitting the salt water species...ya know what I mean brotha?? I've been implementing the bait-n-wait and lure casting methods of fishing....way too easy and no where near the fight! I miss the fight! :Wink:

Reading your reports ....sorta makes me home sick for some salt water action and can't wait to get back to the salt!

Thanx brotha for the great fish reports of yourself and with Frank showing his fat Cabbie with pic's! :Cool:
You have always been a very generous individual who has always openly shared knowledge with others....thanx Brotha!

SP Dan <"))><

Lucky Lager
05-23-2012, 04:23 PM
nice work out there!
i gotta go out & get me a WSB one of these days. they sound like a lot of fun :Envious:

Hitts0n
05-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Good to read a report from you Robert! Good day out! Thanks for sharing!

Hitts

bones
05-23-2012, 04:52 PM
Good to see that the enemies on the southern flank have a reason to hide in the fox holes and trenches lately. Awesome job Roberto....Keep up the daily assault. Nice mix you got there!
Congrats on the legal halibut too brotha!

Wingnut
05-23-2012, 06:32 PM
Nice job Roberto! :Big Grin: Great mix of fish... You're starting to creep up the S.W.A.T. Leader Board bro. :Wink:

iLLest
05-23-2012, 06:41 PM
Sweet job Roberto!
thats a nice chunk of different species + a nice WSB to top it off.
Thanks for the report bro, see you soon. ;)

bachiboy
05-23-2012, 06:51 PM
Dude...I'm speechless (for once). :Thumbs Up::UDaMan:

Native Gal
05-23-2012, 07:06 PM
MA,
SWEET lil bag o' mix. Cool that work has you so close to the surf, thus giving us some cool reports. Keep em' coming. Always love the WSB!

NG

Which Way Out
05-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Nice report Robert.
I wish our water would stay steady. I heard today it has dropped into the mid 50s again :Sad: Now with all the wind the water is gonna get all smegged out again.

Keep at it buddy and so will I
WWO

Re8elmonk0341
05-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Damn, nice Robert! Low your reports bro.

PONTOON
05-23-2012, 08:30 PM
There's no doubt in my mind that the fish in the Southern Section had better be ready for you robert.:Cool:

I'm looking forward to more of your reports and i'm sure the SWAT leaderboard is going to list your name in all categories.:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

Nipple Twister
05-23-2012, 10:17 PM
................this corner we have ..."THE SLAYER!"
Nice job Robert, there must be some tax detuctions for your fishing based on the amount of time invested???? :ROFL:

Thanks for sharing........conditions improve by Sun........

DockRat
05-24-2012, 05:31 AM
Can't complain working near the beach. Nice pics.

Newfishsmell
05-24-2012, 06:45 AM
Allways helps to get your feet in the sand and wet a line.
Some great looking catches there Robert !!

KID CREOLE
05-24-2012, 07:25 AM
Guys, you can't roll white sea bass around on the dry sand to take pictures, that fish is likely dead. Sea bass are not as tough as YFCs or calicos.

murrieta angler
05-24-2012, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the report Robert!!

You have a very nice variation of fish there. You look like you have been putting in some good time on the sand, even if only for an hour or two. Wow the water is up to 66?!?! I didn't realize how quickly it was warming up. You seem to be doing very well this year so far, keep up the good work!

Thanks for the pics,
Lucas

Hey Lucas,
I've been lucky lately.
Robert
<><

Hi ya "Brother" murrieta angler,

Hey Robert.....what a fun report brother! I like the quick fishing up date! Great variety pack!
First-of-all...."Congratulations"....not only for taking every opportunity to hit the salt and for landing a legal Hali ...but for your almost legal WSB! :Thumbs Up:WTG!!

I've been up here at Big Bear Lake since last Friday (until this coming Friday) and have been landing 1 1/4 to 2 1/2 lb trout off my private dock. It's just not the same as hitting the salt water species...ya know what I mean brotha?? I've been implementing the bait-n-wait and lure casting methods of fishing....way too easy and no where near the fight! I miss the fight! :Wink:

Reading your reports ....sorta makes me home sick for some salt water action and can't wait to get back to the salt!

Thanx brotha for the great fish reports of yourself and with Frank showing his fat Cabbie with pic's! :Cool:
You have always been a very generous individual who has always openly shared knowledge with others....thanx Brotha!

SP Dan <"))><

Howdy Dan,
You've been up there for a while now, you should have enough trout to feed a whole S.W.A.T. family now.
Hope you're having fun and I'm sure I will be seeing you in the near future...:Wink:
Robert
<><

nice work out there!
i gotta go out & get me a WSB one of these days. they sound like a lot of fun :Envious:

Hello Jim,
When things mello out shoot me a PM and we'll see if "WE" can't get you on one...:Cool:
Robert
<><

Good to read a report from you Robert! Good day out! Thanks for sharing!

Hitts

What's up Hitts!?
Hope things are well over your way...:Smile:
Robert
<><

Good to see that the enemies on the southern flank have a reason to hide in the fox holes and trenches lately. Awesome job Roberto....Keep up the daily assault. Nice mix you got there!
Congrats on the legal halibut too brotha!

Hola Mike,
Things were getting nice, now look...:Sad:
Hopefully conditions will be nice for Memorial Day.
I expect to see reports from alot of S.W.A.T. for that day.
Take Care Bro,
Robert
<><

Nice job Roberto! :Big Grin: Great mix of fish... You're starting to creep up the S.W.A.T. Leader Board bro. :Wink:

Hey Arturo,
Thanks, I'm getting tired of looking at the back of your head, as well as Mikes...:Envious:
You taking the whole 3 day weekend off?!
Let me know,
Robert
<><

Sweet job Roberto!
thats a nice chunk of different species + a nice WSB to top it off.
Thanks for the report bro, see you soon. ;)

Thanks Frank,
We will definately hit it up next week. Supposed to be really nice conditions starting next tuesday.
We'll see how it turns out...:Smile:
Take Care,
Robert
<><

Dude...I'm speechless (for once). :Thumbs Up::UDaMan:

Hello Don,
Thanks Bro,
Robert
<><

MA,
SWEET lil bag o' mix. Cool that work has you so close to the surf, thus giving us some cool reports. Keep em' coming. Always love the WSB!

NG
Well Hello Marguerite...:Smile:
Hope things are going well on the East Coast...:Cool:
Thank you for the kind words,
Robert
<><

Nice report Robert.
I wish our water would stay steady. I heard today it has dropped into the mid 50s again :Sad: Now with all the wind the water is gonna get all smegged out again.

Keep at it buddy and so will I
WWO

Smegged...:LOL:
I haven't heard that term in a long time!!!
It will get better again, I promise...:Wink:
Your Friend,
Robert
<><

Damn, nice Robert! Low your reports bro.

Thanks Rithy,
Now that you know where they are at, go get more...:Twisted:
Robert
<><

There's no doubt in my mind that the fish in the Southern Section had better be ready for you robert.:Cool:

I'm looking forward to more of your reports and i'm sure the SWAT leaderboard is going to list your name in all categories.:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

thanks terry,
but I think Mike has the Halibut lead locked up...:EyePop:
If I can just get a tuna from the shore, maybe I can take the exotic species category...:Rolls Eyes:
See you soon,
Robert
<><

................this corner we have ..."THE SLAYER!"
Nice job Robert, there must be some tax detuctions for your fishing based on the amount of time invested???? :ROFL:

Thanks for sharing........conditions improve by Sun........

Hey John,
I only get the gas write off for tax deductions...:Wink:
Good to see you next to me on the WSB leader board...:Cool:
Robert
<><

Can't complain working near the beach. Nice pics.

Oh,
Not complaining at all...:Razz:
But you know this already DR...:Smile:
Robert
<><

Allways helps to get your feet in the sand and wet a line.
Some great looking catches there Robert !!

Thanks Chuck,
Just a little hard to get the feet wet with waders on...:Big Grin:
Last time I was bare foot was at Cherry Beach...:Shocked:
I was in the water for 2 hours , when someone came up to me and said the water was polluted from the day before...:Embarrassed:
Not what I wanted to hear, especially when I had a cut on my foot!
Thanks for reading,
Robert
<><

murrieta angler
05-24-2012, 08:54 AM
Guys, you can't roll white sea bass around on the dry sand to take pictures, that fish is likely dead. Sea bass are not as tough as YFCs or calicos.

Kid,
At first I was going to retaliate with some unkind words.
But, after some thought I know you are just looking out for the best interest of the fish.
I will give you a small report on that particular fish.

Tuesday, May 22nd.
...after I was done taking some pictures I carefully removed the LC from the fishes mouth.
One of the trebles nicked the fishes gill, that's why there was blood in one of the pictures.
I put the WSB back in the water and watched it swim off.
I stayed in the area for a little while longer, knowing that this type of fish is on the soft side.
Sure enough, I looked to my left and it was breaching like a whale.
I went on shore, put my stuff down and got back in the water to help the fish.
After a few minutes I thought that the fish wasn't going to make it, but all of a sudden it took off and I felt sure it was going to be okay.
I still stuck around that area for another 15 minutes, just to be sure and saw no sign of the fish.
Does that make you feel better Kid?!
Robert
<><

Re8elmonk0341
05-24-2012, 10:19 AM
What's with some of these guys saying what they're saying on our reports (read my report from yesterday) and not knowing the full story. They can show more class and just shoot a PM but they want to show their ***** and make a public statement to boost up their post counts.

I would figure someone like you, who have many many....I say again MANY fish under your belt especially WSB's would know how to handle and release a fish properly.

I didn't even pay it no mind when I saw the blood....because you just put a hook thru its mouth....there will be some blood. Hahaha. If they want, try putting a treble hook in their mouth and see what happens.

ANYWAYS. great 'port, great come back and hope to see you on the Sansa someday soon Robert!

bloox8
05-24-2012, 02:10 PM
thanks for the report down south! I am planning on heading down there sometime next week so hopefully the conditions are just as promising or better =)

Re8elmonk0341
05-24-2012, 03:01 PM
Because of medical appointments I couldn't get out on base I was unable to fish today. But I was able to drive by and see how the waves was lookin'. From what I can tell from where I was, it looked very fishable. Kind of windy on land tho.

bsp
05-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Robert,

Consistent success is your hallmark, and consistent success on quality fish at that. What's become routine for you are fish that would make the year for a lot of other fishermen!

Great work out there, and I know you'll be the first one on the fish when they go off down South.

Marc

KID CREOLE
05-25-2012, 12:04 PM
Kid,
At first I was going to retaliate with some unkind words.
But, after some thought I know you are just looking out for the best interest of the fish.
I will give you a small report on that particular fish.

Tuesday, May 22nd.
...after I was done taking some pictures I carefully removed the LC from the fishes mouth.
One of the trebles nicked the fishes gill, that's why there was blood in one of the pictures.
I put the WSB back in the water and watched it swim off.
I stayed in the area for a little while longer, knowing that this type of fish is on the soft side.
Sure enough, I looked to my left and it was breaching like a whale.
I went on shore, put my stuff down and got back in the water to help the fish.
After a few minutes I thought that the fish wasn't going to make it, but all of a sudden it took off and I felt sure it was going to be okay.
I still stuck around that area for another 15 minutes, just to be sure and saw no sign of the fish.
Does that make you feel better Kid?!
Robert
<><

Actually Robert I have thick skin and I don't get butt hurt over comments over the web.

To give you a little info on my back ground so you know where I'm coming from, I have caught close to 400 legal white seabass and quite frankly don't care if I ever catch another one, they don't impress me.

I have also been on several brood stock collection trips with Milt Shedd (google him) To collect these hatchery fish we had to fish shallow, catching white sea bass deeper than 5 fa usually results in torn air bladders and death to the fish.

Loss of the slime coat on the most fish especailly white seabass usually means death to the fish regardless if the fish swims away.

Below is a response from a Biologist

Hello Stefan, we don't have a formal publication on the best handling practices, but I can give you some info on what we do.

Try to avoid nets with abrasive materials (knots), minimize handling as much as possible and dragging along the beach is not a good idea. All of the above remove the slime-coat which is critical for the fish to fight infection and osmoregulate. We also try to avoid touching the gill area, even through this is often an easy way to pick the fish up, the gills are extremely fragile and can be damaged quite easily.

If leaving them in the water is an option, it is the best way to ensure survival. Also, if you cannot see the hook, its better to cut the line rather than damaging esophageal or gut tissue when removing the hook.

lastly, the quicker the better, many times the fish will actually damage itself when next to the boat, so we try to release as quick as we can.

This is a response I received from a Biolgist

Hi Stefan,

There have been a lot of scientific studies looking at fish survival etc. based on how they were angled, handled and released. I have attached several published papers on this subject. The paper by Cooke& Sneddon talks about fish welfare and in section 6.2 they mention exposure to air as one of the biggest stressors to fish.

So catching a fish, whether it is a WSB or other species, laying it on the ground and exposing it to air for several minutes may lead to eventual mortality. Yes they may see the fish swim away when it is released but they are not aware of what may happen after that. Increased risk of predation, onset of bacterial infection possibly leading to death because the slime layer of the fish has been compromised, etc.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions

So the bottom line Robert is the fish you saw swim away is most likely dead, hope this makes you feel better

Wingnut
05-25-2012, 12:42 PM
So the bottom line Robert is the fish you saw swim away is most likely dead, hope this makes you feel better

I don't feel bad for the fish and neither should Robert. Collateral damage is inevitable if we're going to continue to enjoy the sport we love.
When I unintentionally kill a short WSB, or any species, it bothers me for a day, that's about it. A lost legal fish bothers me a bit longer...

You've caught "hundreds" of legal WSB and this number doesn't impress me either... Nowadays, I'm more impressed with the ones caught from the sand.

Thanks for the reminder in handling CPR catches. We all need a refresher course from time to time.

murrieta angler
05-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Actually Robert I have thick skin and I don't get butt hurt over comments over the web.

To give you a little info on my back ground so you know where I'm coming from, I have caught close to 400 legal white seabass and quite frankly don't care if I ever catch another one, they don't impress me.

I have also been on several brood stock collection trips with Milt Shedd (google him) To collect these hatchery fish we had to fish shallow, catching white sea bass deeper than 5 fa usually results in torn air bladders and death to the fish.

Loss of the slime coat on the most fish especailly white seabass usually means death to the fish regardless if the fish swims away.

Below is a response from a Biologist

Hello Stefan, we don't have a formal publication on the best handling practices, but I can give you some info on what we do.

Try to avoid nets with abrasive materials (knots), minimize handling as much as possible and dragging along the beach is not a good idea. All of the above remove the slime-coat which is critical for the fish to fight infection and osmoregulate. We also try to avoid touching the gill area, even through this is often an easy way to pick the fish up, the gills are extremely fragile and can be damaged quite easily.

If leaving them in the water is an option, it is the best way to ensure survival. Also, if you cannot see the hook, its better to cut the line rather than damaging esophageal or gut tissue when removing the hook.

lastly, the quicker the better, many times the fish will actually damage itself when next to the boat, so we try to release as quick as we can.

This is a response I received from a Biolgist

Hi Stefan,

There have been a lot of scientific studies looking at fish survival etc. based on how they were angled, handled and released. I have attached several published papers on this subject. The paper by Cooke& Sneddon talks about fish welfare and in section 6.2 they mention exposure to air as one of the biggest stressors to fish.

So catching a fish, whether it is a WSB or other species, laying it on the ground and exposing it to air for several minutes may lead to eventual mortality. Yes they may see the fish swim away when it is released but they are not aware of what may happen after that. Increased risk of predation, onset of bacterial infection possibly leading to death because the slime layer of the fish has been compromised, etc.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions

Show me!?
Until I see irrefutable evidance that the fish is dead, it could well be alive.
You or any biologist otherwise can't prove me wrong.
EVER!

exfactor
05-25-2012, 03:00 PM
Uncalled for bashing of Robert dude. Make your point privately, and stop creating drama on these threads. We don't do that here. Robert, want to see you give those fish a kiss when you let em go, that always makes em feel better!!!

bachiboy
05-25-2012, 03:33 PM

Man, I was very intrigued by what you were saying right up to the point when you said this. I think that was a little over the top and uncalled for. What was he supposed to do? Let's assume he was going to catch and consume. That was a 27+" fish...just shy of legal. In order to keep it, you have to beach it and take a measurement. You mean to say that you, with your hundreds of legals, didn't boat an undersized fish thinking it might be legal? Ever? AND, if you look at the picture, the LC is buried in its mouth, if he cuts the line, the fish can't eat and dies...not to mention the blood wasn't caused by hook removal. It was caused by being hooked. So, even if he tried to release the fish in the water, the wound had already been made, but in order to get the hook out, which was lodged deep, he'd still have to beach it. Any which way you look at it, there's not a lot more than he could've done, AND he did more to try and revive that fish than many other people would have. It may very well have not survived...we'll never know, but it doesn't do any good to hammer him about it. You made some very good points on proper handling and survival rates...let it go at that. What are we all supposed to do, stop fishing the beach on the off chance we hook a short WSB?

sidified
05-25-2012, 04:22 PM
You make very cogent points, Bachi. Clearly, this fish was in a no-win situation already with its wounds and further trauma removing the LC. The sand was the least of its problems.
Kid, you also made cogent and informative points that we may well learn from.... unfortunately, that last mean-spirited kiss-off rates your attitude and post an overall fail.

Man, I was very intrigued by what you were saying right up to the point when you said this. I think that was a little over the top and uncalled for. What was he supposed to do? Let's assume he was going to catch and consume. That was a 27+" fish...just shy of legal. In order to keep it, you have to beach it and take a measurement. You mean to say that you, with your hundreds of legals, didn't boat an undersized fish thinking it might be legal? Ever? AND, if you look at the picture, the LC is buried in its mouth, if he cuts the line, the fish can't eat and dies...not to mention the blood wasn't caused by hook removal. It was caused by being hooked. So, even if he tried to release the fish in the water, the wound had already been made, but in order to get the hook out, which was lodged deep, he'd still have to beach it. Any which way you look at it, there's not a lot more than he could've done, AND he did more to try and revive that fish than many other people would have. It may very well have not survived...we'll never know, but it doesn't do any good to hammer him about it. You made some very good points on proper handling and survival rates...let it go at that. What are we all supposed to do, stop fishing the beach on the off chance we hook a short WSB?

Badbeat
05-25-2012, 04:31 PM

LMFAO at this comment. :ROFL: :Pee:
I don't think anybody cares about your background or how many fish you caught Kid. Love the holier than thou attitude, like you never killed a short before with the hundreds of legal fish you caught. :Big Smile: :Finger:

murrieta angler
05-25-2012, 07:48 PM
Thanks everyone, for the back up!!
He obviously felt the need to try and belittle someone he doesn't know.
Had he known me, and said this in person....well, that's another story...:LOL:
Take Care All,
Robert
<><

kastmaster1337
05-25-2012, 08:58 PM
That is some great catching right there. Nice job!!

flyngby
05-25-2012, 09:55 PM
Roberto!

Hopfully you can take some advice without ridicule! :LOL:

First off it apears you were slow to the draw and looks like you were fishing powerbait for trout at the lake! :Beat Stick: You need to get out more often! :Slap:

Next time you need to stay out in the depths for the release! We all know that them darn "Ghosts" are one run wondors so therefore you should stand your ground, bring it in close and ensure that it's head never leaves the water, grab it with the "Boga Gripp" and rip the buried hook out as soon as possible from it's gills as it sits there as still as can be in the rugged surf and send it on it's way severly bleeding and attracting the shark population in close and to put you in danger! :Bug Eyes:

That would be a better soulution than to bring it to shore and try to perform a delicute surgery situation and possible give it a chance!

What were you thinking? :ROFL:

Look forward to hitting the waters on an all out "SWAT Assualt" soon!

Uncalled for Bashing!

Steve http://planetsmilies.net/person-smiley-1122.gif

2natime
05-26-2012, 12:43 PM
I don't feel bad for the fish and neither should Robert. Collateral damage is inevitable if we're going to continue to enjoy the sport we love.
When I unintentionally kill a short WSB, or any species, it bothers me for a day, that's about it. A lost legal fish bothers me a bit longer...

You've caught "hundreds" of legal WSB and this number doesn't impress me either... Nowadays, I'm more impressed with the ones caught from the sand.

Thanks for the reminder in handling CPR catches. We all need a refresher course from time to time.

How do you claim to love a sport or be impressed with where it’s played, when unintentionally killing or injuring a bunch a babies to catch 1 legal is part of the activities?

Guys when the odds of catching a bunch of babies outweighs the odds of catching 1 legal don’t you think the smart thing to do is leave the nursery alone?

Wingnut
05-26-2012, 01:56 PM
How do you claim to love a sport or be impressed with where it’s played, when unintentionally killing or injuring a bunch a babies to catch 1 legal is part of the activities?

Guys when the odds of catching a bunch of babies outweighs the odds of catching 1 legal don’t you think the smart thing to do is leave the nursery alone?

So what you're trying to say is we should stop fishing from the surf, so we don't unintentionally injure or kill shorts so they can grow up to legal size and you can harvest them from your boat right? :LOL:

I think we can agree to disagree on this matter, lol. :Rolls Eyes:

blackwater
05-26-2012, 02:03 PM

This has got to be the most ignorant comment I've seen on this board in a very long time. :Confused: I'm embarrassed for you dude. :Embarrassed:

bachiboy
05-26-2012, 02:38 PM
This has got to be the most ignorant comment I've seen on this board in a very long time. :Confused: I'm embarrassed for you dude. :Embarrassed:

Basically both these guys are in love with MPLAs cuz they sure seem to love to tell people that they don't have the right to fish.

FishNFurious
05-26-2012, 02:45 PM

Total fail man, ignorance is bliss as they say. :Smash:

murrieta angler
05-26-2012, 03:21 PM

My name is Robert,
If you have a problem with me, I will be at San Onofre State Beach on Monday.
I will be the one wearing the S.W.A.T. hat.
C-ya then!!

troublehook
05-26-2012, 03:36 PM
My name is Robert,
If you have a problem with me, I will be at San Onofre State Beach on Monday.
I will be the one wearing the S.W.A.T. hat.
C-ya then!!

Well, you are direct MA. :LOL:
Chances that these clowns showing up to "discuss" things with you will be slim to none.
Keep doing what you're doing bro.

and that lame comment about stop fishing because you might injure baby fish, OMG. :ROFL:

exfactor
05-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Watch for these kinds of responses on threads in the future They are people who have been instructed to create bias to fishermen and women for their own gain. Don't let them get to you. Responsible fishing methods are practiced by members of this group. There is no way they will intimidate me, nor the atheism to my craft. I love my sport, and intend on continuing to participate come high or low. If you don't like seeing injuries to fish, go to Albertsons, and get yours wrapped in paper and tape!

jerryG
05-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Great report Robert!! A good variety of nice fish. I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said. Keep up the good work my friend.

JerryG

bones
05-27-2012, 04:28 PM
I have the utmost respect for Robert and the way he put up this report. Any person who was the deceiving type would have unhooked the fish and wiped the blood away which would have easily avoided all of this drama. Or should I say two individuals warped sense of self rightgeous beliefs when it comes to surf fishing and the possibility of an unintentional and possibly fatal wound.To mask the reality of the situation would have taken no more than 30 seconds at most BUT......
Robert put up the event as if it happened here on the FNN in real time. Thereby educating all fisherman who share the love of this sport and take the time to view his report. SWAT team members have earned their position by being honest individuals who fish primarily with artificial baits and live their lives on and off the sand with integrity. Our goal is to always leave only footprints on the sand and do our best to enjoy this sport while minimizing any possibility of having a negative effect on the coastal enviroment and all of it's inhabitants. The only way to ALMOST eliminate the possibility of a fatal wound to any fish would be by either not fishing at all.....Or practicing the use of a single point barbless circle hook in our efforts to enjoy our sport. I have caught thousands of fish in my 40 years on the sand and I can honestly say that I can barely count the times that a fish has been able to inhale a 4 1/2" hardbait on two hands.Most fish caught on a 110 series hardbait are not huge fish by any meens from the surf zone and the bait is NOT inhaled but rather lip hooked and also pinned to the outside of the fishes mouth. Fatal wounds might happen about 1 out of 500 if you are on top of your game and the fish isn't as fragile as white sea bass are. From the surf zone...The Grey Ghost so to speak is never the intended target species but rather a bonus species that is very elusive most of the time. White sea bass are definately very fragile and as a matter of fact recently I landed a 33" legal that had slit it's throat during the fight and my hardbait was not even in the fishes mouth. When I brought the fish to color and saw the situation....I felt sorrow and I know Robert felt the same compassion that's why he documented the catch, hurried with the rescue attempt and posted up the report and pics for the whole fishing community to absorb.By looking at over 1300 views of this report and there only being two individuals who seemed to have a problem with Roberts straight forward honesty......
I tip my hat to you Robert......Don't ever change!

iLLest
05-27-2012, 09:13 PM
No one in S.W.A.T intentionally kills shorts of any sort. But you know what, unfortunately SHlT HAPPENS.
Robert played the cards right and he released it as he should AND to top it off, it swam off! Whether it lives or not, who knows, but that's part of fishing. If it's alive awesome, if it's dead, congrats Robert you just fed a whole bunch of fish in the ocean since nothing goes to waste there, about a hundred fish are thanking you right now.

To the dude that's caught 400 WBS's, you cant come on here bashing at Robert...when I GUARANTEE you that you have killed a short WSB in your fishing "career". If you come on and say "No I havent" Bro, your straight up lying. EVERYONE has done so, whether it be the veterans in this forum or noobs that have recently started learning about fishing. Stop being ignorant and try to prove a point when in the past you've done the exact same thing.

To this other guy, I'm not even going to say anything, you pretty much just made yourself look pretty stupid.

Robert, dont trip about these guys and keep being yourself bro.