PDA

View Full Version : BBL 5/19-20 No Dinks

Mojave River Angler
05-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Went up to Big Bear with my wife, son, and a friend to enjoy the weekend at the cabin and do a little fishing. Spent only a few hours on the water on Saturday from mid morning to early afternoon to wrangle up some trout. Eneded up with 4 from the west end at various depths on dough baits from the kayak. All in the 1.5 to 2 lb range. No dinks, no monsters...but we heard stories of monsters. We did not participate in the tournament so is was just leasure fishing for us. Came back on Sunday mid-moring to find that the better weather conditions has slowed the bite a bit. Still scratched out a couple to entertain the kid.

Here is a sampe of what the lake had to offer this weekend.

Mojave River Angler

pasadenafishin
05-21-2012, 06:04 PM
what's that v shaped thing at the end up the fish?... I've heard stories about those, but never actually seen one? I think its called a t.. tail?.. haha nice looking trout!!

Mojave River Angler
05-22-2012, 07:17 AM
Ya, some of the stalkers can be pretty chewed up. In the group I think we only had two that looked "normal". The rest had gimpy fins or completely chewed off fins and short tails. One had a sore on his belly. All of them had nice dark orange flesh.

Is there a good place up there to find a chocolate malt?

FSHNLIC
05-22-2012, 07:35 AM
Way to get ur family on those big bear beauties!!