PDA

View Full Version : The Vine has heard our cries....

TaperSteve
05-21-2012, 12:53 PM
and now it's time to show your support! After hearing request after request to stay open later on tournament days they've heard our cries and now we get more time to fish. Please show your support and fish these fun, family oriented tournaments. They are a blast. These are the days you want to fish. The bite seems to be most active between 10pm-2am so these tournaments will be the primetime this summer to go after those monster blues and channel cats.

June 9th, 2012 - Summer Catfish Kickoff Tournament
July 7th, 2012 - 4th of July Shootout!
August 11th, 2012- Mid Summer Nights Dream
September 1st, 2012 - Last Chance
October - King of the Cats Championship TBA

A few of us will be getting together Saturday afternoon (June 9th) to have a BBQ/potluck. Everyone is welcome. This is your chance to meet some new people and hang out with other anglers. Check out the link below for more info.

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?64264-Summer-Catfish-Kick-off-Tourney-2012-the-Vine!-BBQ-Camp-(June-9th)&p=607540#post607540

TaperSteve

mjc89
05-21-2012, 07:44 PM
Nice! You can fish on tournament nights even if you dont enter the tournament right?

TaperSteve
05-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Nice! You can fish on tournament nights even if you dont enter the tournament right?

Yes you most certainly can! but i'd advise entering the tournaments because they are a ton of fun and they don't cost very much. Hope to see you there. Come out to the BBQ and meet some new people!

TS

mjc89
05-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Yeah ill be taking my boat out this year. Im getting it ready for battle. LOL. Ive heard that its better fishing from a boat.

Rooster
05-21-2012, 11:11 PM
I got to get out there this season. Good times
What time is weigh in? :Dancing Banana:

Hometown
05-21-2012, 11:18 PM
I can't wait for the summer fun with my fishing Family
see you at the lake.I dont allways drink beer but when I do its High Life.LOL

Carptain_Bao
05-26-2012, 05:54 PM
a quick question, the tourney starts at 6am on june 9th or 6pm?
cus it is kinda confusing since the bbq is at 4pm.
any info will be appreciated, i would love to go out meet some other anglers.

TaperSteve
05-26-2012, 08:14 PM
The BBQ/potluck has absolutely nothing to do with the tournament other than it is the reason why we'll all be at the lake that weekend. The tournament starts at 6am and goes until I think 1am or 2am. That means you can fish for 20 hours straight if your really game. Figured we'd fire up the grills mid-day (4pm) and get ready for the red hot night bite. Eww.... I can't wait!

TS

troutdog
05-26-2012, 11:17 PM
I got to get out there this season. Good times
What time is weigh in? :Dancing Banana:

I think it's a midnight weigh in, at least that is what it used to be when the lake was open intil 2am.

Hope to see you out there Rob.

TD

Carptain_Bao
05-26-2012, 11:26 PM
The BBQ/potluck has absolutely nothing to do with the tournament other than it is the reason why we'll all be at the lake that weekend. The tournament starts at 6am and goes until I think 1am or 2am. That means you can fish for 20 hours straight if your really game. Figured we'd fire up the grills mid-day (4pm) and get ready for the red hot night bite. Eww.... I can't wait!

TS

good to know, thanks for the info TS! if i can get a day off on june 9th then i will be there for sure.
hopefully i can meet with u guys there!