PDA

View Full Version : Sunday striper-trout slay dedicated to my fallen pal feelthesteelgary

TroutOnly
05-21-2012, 07:40 AM
the week started out i was going to isabella on sat but i got sick friday night and on thru sat morning ,so i layed on the couch recovering. by late sat i was feeling good so i decided i needed some striper for tacos,so everything was ready it was just get up in the morning and go. i get to lake and who do i find at the gate but trolly,he asked were the quagga station was i told him he jammed back up the road ,then in a minute he was back we shot the bull and got ready,the gate opened and we were off. we went to the bait area dropped anchors and started the slay.after a while the stripeys started to play ,we reanchored a couple times ,then trolly asked me which way shold he cast for a kittie ,and a few minutes later he got his hookup. after the morning wore on trolly was getting tired so he pulled anchor and went home . i stayed and put a limit of schoolies on the boat and two little holdovers.after a while the bite got slow so i moved out. out on the lake i ran into ftw we talked for a bit then i headed for the dam area in search of more holdovers. anchored on my spot tried some bait but no luck then i thru a thomas bouyant in rainbow pattern and it was hook up i farmed the first one which was very big but tangled in the anchor rope and lost him,the after a while another hookup and i landed a another little one. i sat thinking about the text i had got about gary and prayed for his recovery,then one of my bait rods slammed ,it ended up being a very pregant kittie so i did a quick pic and release,,,,,,i had a very nice day on the water and a couple bags of fish taco meat so i was very happy,,,,it was great fishing next to you chris i hope we can do it again ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,,,,the trout meat was bright orange and great i had one on the bbq when i got home
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN0646bbbbb--------22222222222222.jpg
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN0649bbbbbbbbbbbb----------------------11111111111.jpg
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN0651bbbbb---------------333333333333.jpg

HawgZWylde
05-21-2012, 08:02 AM
the week started out i was going to isabella on sat but i got sick friday night and on thru sat morning ,so i layed on the couch recovering. by late sat i was feeling good so i decided i needed some striper for tacos,so everything was ready it was just get up in the morning and go. i get to lake and who do i find at the gate but trolly,he asked were the quagga station was i told him he jammed back up the road ,then in a minute he was back we shot the bull and got ready,the gate opened and we were off. we went to the bait area dropped anchors and started the slay.after a while the stripeys started to play ,we reanchored a couple times ,then trolly asked me which way shold he cast for a kittie ,and a few minutes later he got his hookup. after the morning wore on trolly was getting tired so he pulled anchor and went home . i stayed and put a limit of schoolies on the boat and two little holdovers.after a while the bite got slow so i moved out. out on the lake i ran into ftw we talked for a bit then i headed for the dam area in search of more holdovers. anchored on my spot tried some bait but no luck then i thru a thomas bouyant in rainbow pattern and it was hook up i farmed the first one which was very big but tangled in the anchor rope and lost him,the after a while another hookup and i landed a another little one. i sat thinking about the text i had got about gary and prayed for his recovery,then one of my bait rods slammed ,it ended up being a very pregant kittie so i did a quick pic and release,,,,,,i had a very nice day on the water and a couple bags of fish taco meat so i was very happy,,,,it was great fishing next to you chris i hope we can do it again ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,,,,the trout meat was bright orange and great i had one on the bbq when i got home
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN0646bbbbb--------22222222222222.jpg
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN0649bbbbbbbbbbbb----------------------11111111111.jpg
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN0651bbbbb---------------333333333333.jpg

As usual, great slay job Bob! What happened to Gary? I don't know him, but I always enjoy his posts here at Fnn...

cutbait
05-21-2012, 08:25 AM
Pregnant? Looks worse than that.. deformity if you ask me..

Gary had a trip and fall accident and broke 2 vertebrae and severe ankle sprain.

HawgZWylde
05-21-2012, 08:35 AM
Pregnant? Looks worse than that.. deformity if you ask me..

Gary had a trip and fall accident and broke 2 vertebrae and severe ankle sprain.

Sorry to hear that. My prayers for a full recovery. I had one of those courtesy of my Old English Bulldog a month ago. I have a shattered elbow as a result. I landed feet in the air, on my lower back with my elbow hitting the edge of a tiled step. I consider myself extremely lucky that I don't have the back injury like Gary.

If you read this Gary, here's to a quick and complete recovery bro...

Hitts0n
05-21-2012, 11:54 AM
Dayum me and Gary actually had plans to put on another event from you striper slayers!
Ouch ! Is he home or in hospital.Would like to see him. OWN/ONLY thats the most prego fish
ive ever seen in my life...lmao! Yeah I left first,then Trolly a few hours after me.No water,no food
lack of sleep,plus I have a cold that got worst.Man I really wanted to fish !!

HBAR
05-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Looks like it swallowed a bowling ball

Santa Fe Eric
05-21-2012, 04:44 PM
Awesome Fishing T.o. That catfish looks crazy! Never seen anything like it.

Gary. I am praying for a rapid and complete recovery.

SFE

blackberg
05-21-2012, 06:26 PM
nice TO
ouch Gary, hope you get well soon
-bb

TroutOnly
05-22-2012, 07:51 AM
CARPBOY THAT KITTIE LOOKED LIKE YOU PUMPED HIM FULL OF AIR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,

cutbait
05-22-2012, 08:23 AM
Pumped full of something, not air!

Like Im gonna do to you if you don't whack some SA pigs soon

mamachipy
05-22-2012, 07:10 PM
Good job out there Bob! Did you happen to run into any DIRTY SOB's while you were out there?

A little birdy whispered in my ear about a recon trip,

Fishthewhaler
05-23-2012, 12:34 AM
I figured out my impeller was bad, that's why I was stalling. It's a safety deal built into the honda. Good seeing you out there. Nice bag of fish you had. See you after my impeller is back in. Thanks for the tips
FTW

TroutOnly
05-23-2012, 06:30 AM
Yes mamachippy i smelled some bacon out on the water,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

trollmiester
05-25-2012, 06:11 AM
bob what a fun trip.that blew my mind when i saw u in line.Thanx for sharing the spots. U said cast over there then came a big kitty.big bait big fish lol.Too bad hits on didnt fish he had a cold and went back home. thanx again bob had a blast fishing side by side,we will do it again.you own this lake,

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-25-2012, 03:19 PM
. i sat thinking about the text i had got about gary and prayed for his recovery,then one of my bait rods slammed

Thank you for the prayers Bob and for the post dedication....and thank you to all the other considerate anglers out there for the prayers and quick healing wishes....

It's been some ruff days and nights with more pain than I'd care to mention...

Nice work on the feesh....BUT

That kitty looks related to trolly with that gut : )

Ahhhhhh ha ha ha....

ouch...

It hurts when I laugh that hard but I needed a GOOD Laugh...

But....if it's any consolodation...at least I took whopper of the week honors at Gallions 2 weeks in a row before I got laid out...

earning me a nice $200.00 payday for the big fish....
Just enuff to pay for meds ..............

ahhhh hah ha ohhhhhhh ohhhh ahhhhhh ouch....
(don't know how to type that to convey it as "pain")

I miss layin the steel foundation greatly....

As I injured myself out of town...I am currently convalescing at my sisters house in San Dimas

I am counting on all of you to lay some more fish out in my abscence.....

Please make me proud : )

Congrats on the catches Bob : )

Gary

fishinone
05-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Another great report Bob.

Gary, Get well soon. If it hurts when you laugh you'll be in pain for a long time! LOL

TroutOnly
06-12-2012, 09:16 AM
get well gary,,,,,,,,,so you can get back to the slayin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,

gletemfeelsteelgary
06-12-2012, 11:59 AM
get well gary,,,,,,,,,so you can get back to the slayin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,

StriperFEST is a comin'...3-4 weeks....gotta work out the logistics but we're shooting for that time frame...

It's time for that event again..

It's going to be at Pyramid lake again..

hopefully people will want to stay and camp this time out.

I'll be working on reserving the group camp either today or tomorrow...

wheels are ROLLING !