PDA

View Full Version : Bernasconi laucnh--Perris 5/20/12-panfish.

cambofisher
05-21-2012, 12:04 AM
I tried the east end last week,so decided to launch from Bernasconi and work the area and see how the bite is on this side of the lake.Launch around 7 and work to the left side of the ramp with a jig.Worked towards the damn and landed a bass that was probably 4 plus.That was an awsome fight on 4lb izoreline,took me on a ride for a bit.It was fun but not the targeted species.Worked that side for about 1.5 hours and only had the bass and a couple small gills on the jig that were all released to fight another day.

So i switched to a dropshot set up using crickets and start working towards the right side of the ramp.I must of found a decent school of RE's cause i started catching RE's at a good clip.Ended up with 14 RE's all in the same area.Kept working my set up about 15 feet out from the weed line and ended up with 11 BG's to fill my limit and called it a day.

All fish caught and kepted were all nice size fish 10'-12' inches.Good luck out there and keep them lines tight.

cambo

fishmounter
05-21-2012, 06:14 AM
Good job cambofisher! How was the boat and jet ski traffic in the Bernasconi area? The usually present "No Wake" buoys are no longer there. Used to be a nice safe area for float tubers to fish.

cambofisher
05-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Good job cambofisher! How was the boat and jet ski traffic in the Bernasconi area? The usually present "No Wake" buoys are no longer there. Used to be a nice safe area for float tubers to fish.

Thanks,the traffic was crazy out there.Jet ski and boats came pretty close to me out there and created major wakes.But it was ok in the early morning and got hectic around 10.

SRHBRO951
05-21-2012, 03:33 PM
great job out there cambofisher

Kelster
05-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Great job, the lake lice have kept me on the east end. I fished once this year at Bernasconi Beach and did OK but by 10:00 it is just too dangerous on a tube.