PDA

View Full Version : SFD moonlight fishing

Carptain_Bao
05-20-2012, 08:17 PM
Just wanna see if any FNNer is going.
I will be there with couple friends to get those cats.
Lemme know if anyone feel like coming.

Bao

CL SmooV
05-20-2012, 09:09 PM
I might get out there to pick on the bass.

BTW...I sent you an PM about Peck.

Smoov

white belt
05-20-2012, 09:29 PM
I might go. Is it usually packed? Smoov how has peck been? Its been months since I fished there.

CL SmooV
05-20-2012, 09:36 PM
WB,

Havent been in weeks myself. Been completing my thesis for my masters. Done now, finally. I may go tomorrow after work to check things out.

Carptain_Bao
05-20-2012, 10:14 PM
I might get out there to pick on the bass.

BTW...I sent you an PM about Peck.

Smoov
nightfishing for bass at sfd, sounds cool
i got it, thanks for the suggestions smoov!

Carptain_Bao
05-20-2012, 10:15 PM
I might go. Is it usually packed? Smoov how has peck been? Its been months since I fished there.

from what i've it usually not that pakced, but you would need to be there earlier than 6 if u wanna get a hot spot.

cartmanis
05-21-2012, 03:38 AM
i went once last year, had to go into the bush side because the whole "easy access" area was shoulder to shoulder...

white belt
05-21-2012, 02:49 PM
I went today and the flyer they gave out had different dates for night fishing. I also got skunked and sunburn haha! My dad is still there trying to fight off the skunk.

EfrenM
05-21-2012, 03:05 PM
i went friday the cat bit is pretty good i got 12 about in 2 hours all catch an realese

Carptain_Bao
05-21-2012, 05:05 PM
i went friday the cat bit is pretty good i got 12 about in 2 hours all catch an realese
Really?i was there too on Friday and also caught 12.released one only and gave out 6 to other fisherman.

mjc89
05-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Nice! How big were the cats?

EfrenM
05-21-2012, 08:37 PM
the biggest one I have caught has been only around 2 lbs. the other ones were a bit over a pound

mjc89
05-21-2012, 09:36 PM
the biggest one I have caught has been only around 2 lbs. the other ones were a bit over a pound

Nice. Ill see if i can make it out. I have to work saturday so i dont know.

white belt
05-21-2012, 10:09 PM
Wow i must just suck at fishing cause I didnt even get bit in 10 hours. I'm gonna try Peck Friday.

EfrenM
05-21-2012, 10:53 PM
I saw a small large mouth by the edge it was like 3 in. Do you guys know if there are decent size bass there? What kind of rig or lure do you guys recommend for SFD

Carptain_Bao
05-21-2012, 10:59 PM
Wow i must just suck at fishing cause I didnt even get bit in 10 hours. I'm gonna try Peck Friday.

Don't bother to fish for cats at peck, stick with SFD, it is way better white belt.

Carptain_Bao
05-21-2012, 11:02 PM
I saw a small large mouth by the edge it was like 3 in. Do you guys know if there are decent size bass there? What kind of rig or lure do you guys recommend for SFD

T-rigged worms and rattle traps work well. Spinner also works. I am not that pro for bass fishing. But that is what I've used and I've seen ppl catching em on. There are decent ones for sure, just gotta find the pattern.

white belt
05-22-2012, 06:43 AM
Don't bother to fish for cats at peck, stick with SFD, it is way better white belt.

I was actually gonna check the panfish bite cause I was messing with a dry fly and some of the gills were biting in the morning. I put a fly under a bobber n jigged, behind a rapala, c rigged, fly lined hahaha I have fly envy. It worked though! Us spinner guys can use flies too hahah

Lakerfan160
05-22-2012, 02:36 PM
i might not make it this month maybe the june or july. i havn't been fishing this month. maybe I go saturday or sunday for some bass action or for some cats!

BALLERONBUDGET
05-22-2012, 10:42 PM
slow sfd +pudd+ evn castaic dam last yr... mostly an event just to get out da house+ shoot the breeze; few reports of fish caught (none that i personally saw) called quits by 1am on with no bites between 20 guys around me............ gud luck!

Carptain_Bao
05-22-2012, 11:06 PM
slow sfd +pudd+ evn castaic dam last yr... mostly an event just to get out da house+ shoot the breeze; few reports of fish caught (none that i personally saw) called quits by 1am on with no bites between 20 guys around me............ gud luck!

Still,give it a shot, u know, just chillin' with the boys out there.

Carptain_Bao
05-25-2012, 09:46 PM
anyone out here now?
Only caught one now.
Lemme know if some other fnners are here also

bassfishing24/7
05-25-2012, 09:49 PM
I didnt make it...im holding off for the moonlight event at pudd next weekend.

mjc89
05-25-2012, 09:58 PM
I couldnt make it. Got home late and was pretty tired. Maybe next time though. Might do the pudd moonlight fishing though since its so close to my house. And last year my brother caught a 21# cat.

Carptain_Bao
05-26-2012, 04:38 PM
good to know that u guys didn't make it. 'cus this event sucks. me and my friends only managed to land a 1.5 lber the entire night. and man it was freezing!
walked from the channel to lot 4 and there are only couple stringers have 2 fish on it. some ppl didn't get anything except tickets from dfg officer lol
At least we beat the skunk, barely. did see a big cat which looks like a 5lber to me get pulled out next to me, that was the only good one

Lakerfan160
05-26-2012, 07:16 PM
good to know that u guys didn't make it. 'cus this event sucks. me and my friends only managed to land a 1.5 lber the entire night. and man it was freezing!
walked from the channel to lot 4 and there are only couple stringers have 2 fish on it. some ppl didn't get anything except tickets from dfg officer lol
At least we beat the skunk, barely. did see a big cat which looks like a 5lber to me get pulled out next to me, that was the only good one

at least you beat the skunk, i couldnt make it out there either this time, it was pretty cold and windy where i live, imagine by the water at santa fe dam frezzing:Cold Fishing:. its was bad timing with all the wind and temp this time, this week is supposed to be HOT. its more fun when its warm at night expect for the mosqitoes:(..

kendo
05-28-2012, 07:48 AM
I havent fished SFD since I was in HS. I dont ever remember the catfish bite being anything to talk about. I want to revisit can anyone point me in the right direction. Just a general location of better catfishing. Ill find my way from there. THanks!

Carptain_Bao
05-28-2012, 12:50 PM
I havent fished SFD since I was in HS. I dont ever remember the catfish bite being anything to talk about. I want to revisit can anyone point me in the right direction. Just a general location of better catfishing. Ill find my way from there. THanks!

Try lot 2 and make sure you make some long casts.Or you can try the cove area also.good luck! I think most of the fish have already been pulled out tho.