PDA

View Full Version : Native Sun Twilight 5/18/2012

MasterFisherYY
05-20-2012, 09:50 AM
I went out last Friday to catch some Sand Bass and Sculpin and meet Phil. Extremely fun fishing and learned many more techniques on catching the bigger fish. Thanks for Phil for convincing the whole boat for purchasing live Squid as the bite would not have been that hot without it, in my opinion. I brought some Big Hammer 5 inch swim-baits, no good. The trick is to bring 2ounce lead heads green, white, or yellow and pin on fresh dead or live squid. Then soaking the bait for about 10 minutes. Almost all fish were legal except for the few Sculpin. At the end I caught 7 sand bass to 4lbs and 2 fat sculpin along with a cool lure I won from Phil's raffle. Its always a pleasure to go fishing with Phil!

Jackpot Jimmy
05-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Nice job out there! It is, indeed, always a thrill to go Fishing with Phil!

JapanRon
05-24-2012, 12:19 PM
Hi MasterFisherYY,

Nice goin' on the Fishys !! Too bad you had to resort to meat to get bit ! :) Just Kidding !!! Talked to some guys that fish the breakwater the last few days and it's pretty much wide-open on the plastics at night. Interesting how different areas bite differently !!

Water warming .... maybe Bass will start biting here pretty soon. 66 degree water yesterday got me my first moo-moo Calico of the year .... plastics only of course. The day before 30% of Bass at the Newport AR's were Calicos !!

Thanks and await your next report,

JapanRon

MasterFisherYY
05-27-2012, 02:15 PM
All right thanks for the heads up JapanRon. I'm going on the Native today and will be trying the plastics once again!