PDA

View Full Version : Legg Lake 5/19

FishinElectrician
05-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Hows it goin folks! Well, I had some free time today, and decided that I was gonna either hit Burro Canyon and let some lead fly, or go try my luck at either SFD or Legg... I decided against going to the shooting range, and decided to just go try my luck for some bucketmouths at Legg... Well, I tried for about 5 hours, throwing a Zoom Fluke, and a Rattlin Rapala for ZERO! I failed to bring any other plastics to try and dropshot or split shot, so my options were limited in the plastics category. I saw Dan Hernandez out there with his youth fishing club, and I stopped by and chatted with him for a few. Other than that, tho, my day was spent fishing and not catching. This lake is super tough, man. Im glad it is too, because there are still some BIG Bass in there, and they wont bite just anything. I saw a pretty big one pushin maybe 5-6 pounds today, along with many, many decent sized ones, and what must have been millions of Bass fry up to like 5 or 6 inches. Im hoping to go again tomorrow morning and try again.

Ifishtoolittle
05-19-2012, 04:33 PM
You usually only have one or two shots at those pigs. If you make even the slightest error in your presentation or your lure is too mechanical those damn fat girls will just ignore your lure and move on. You definitely hit that L lake hard today and keep at is as those pigs will eventually fall victim to your set-up. Anyone still catching cats?