PDA

View Full Version : Kayak launching at castaic lagoon?

Armofisher818
05-18-2012, 08:39 PM
Hey guys can i launch my yak at the castaic lagoon? And do they do those check ups to see if the yak is dry or not? And if someone can answer, how can i completely dry all the water in my yak? Its kinda dry but still a little damp, will putting a hair dryer on low work? All other tips appreciated thanks.

HBAR
05-18-2012, 08:50 PM
CLEAN AND DRY! ANY wet spot on the yak anywhere and you'll be turned away and can't return for 7 days, once you pass the inspection you can simply as the person at the booth where to launch from. Currently for the lagoon you can only enter through the gate that leads to the west launch ramp, from there they will probably steer you towards Paradise cove, you launch from there.
Don't leave it outside during the night keep it inside the house, if at all possible keep it inside your vehilce (if you drive!), or before you get to the gate pull over somewhere and wipe it down, make sure you hit every single spot.

Armofisher818
05-18-2012, 09:04 PM
CLEAN AND DRY! ANY wet spot on the yak anywhere and you'll be turned away and can't return for 7 days, once you pass the inspection you can simply as the person at the booth where to launch from. Currently for the lagoon you can only enter through the gate that leads to the west launch ramp, from there they will probably steer you towards Paradise cove, you launch from there.
Don't leave it outside during the night keep it inside the house, if at all possible keep it inside your vehilce (if you drive!), or before you get to the gate pull over somewhere and wipe it down, make sure you hit every single spot.
Thanks bro and i got my hopes up lol i, gonna be there sunday with the fam, any chance youll show up? I hang it under my wooden shade in the backyard ill do a good job to keep it clean. Will they turn me down if theres a little sand inside the yak?

HBAR
05-18-2012, 09:33 PM
CLEAN AND DRY

you should have taken it straight there after you bought it and had them inspect/tag it, that way when you come back you won't have a problem. If they do tag it make sure they retag it on your way out, dont' know exactly how they do it on a yak

Armofisher818
05-18-2012, 09:46 PM
CLEAN AND DRY

you should have taken it straight there after you bought it and had them inspect/tag it, that way when you come back you won't have a problem. If they do tag it make sure they retag it on your way out, dont' know exactly how they do it on a yak
I took my old scrambler to the upper part and it was dry as a whistle, its gonna be a sunny day i think so all the water will dry up. They werent that strict when i took that thing there it was last year june i think when they first introduced the new rule. You reccomend putting a cover on the yak before i go on the freeway?

HBAR
05-18-2012, 09:51 PM
You said it LAST JUNE, they started hot and heavy with these inspections in December, things have changed! cover it while on fwy? I would say no if you strap it to the roof of vehicle it would help dry it out, if there's a drain plug remove it so if there is any water inside it'll come out the hole. But before you go into the park I would get it down and check it out again that way you'll be sure to be able to launch it.

Armofisher818
05-18-2012, 09:57 PM
You said it LAST JUNE, they started hot and heavy with these inspections in December, things have changed! cover it while on fwy? I would say no if you strap it to the roof of vehicle it would help dry it out, if there's a drain plug remove it so if there is any water inside it'll come out the hole. But before you go into the park I would get it down and check it out again that way you'll be sure to be able to launch it.

Dont the inspectors change like every 3 hours? Ill do my best to dry it with the hair dryer too or search online for some other tips. They dont expect the gear to be dry right? So you gonna be there?

HBAR
05-20-2012, 09:29 AM
doesn't matter if the inspectors change every 3 hours or not, they are still going to inspect it there's no "special treatment" on this! They are inspecting the "vessel" if you put anything else in the water then they might check that out as well. No I wont be there, wife is back in the hospital leg got infected again, not looking good.

dixoncider
05-20-2012, 10:11 AM
DRY.....dusty dry...OK

ThatKidCASH
05-20-2012, 03:50 PM
Clean and dry is something you should practice with all equipment. Inspections or not.