PDA

View Full Version : What kind of snake is it?

old pudd fisher
05-18-2012, 05:30 PM
3530335304 I found this guy in my backyard today, he is still there and is almost 4 ft long. Anyone know what kind it is ?

MonsterGuppy
05-18-2012, 05:37 PM
California king snake--its a good snake they eat rattle snakes :) http://www.californiaherps.com/snakes/pages/l.g.californiae.html

unreal toad
05-18-2012, 06:25 PM
It's a King Snake, they keep rattle-snakes away...leave it alone, they also eat mice

old pudd fisher
05-18-2012, 08:22 PM
Thanks I like him and hope he stays, but my wife is worried that he might get in the house...Oh well it can't be any worse then me getting in to the house.

Thisfool
05-18-2012, 10:28 PM
3530335304 I found this guy in my backyard today, he is still there and is almost 4 ft long. Anyone know what kind it is ?

yup defiantly a California king snake.

4 feet is a good size as they typically max out at 6.

they specialize in eating other snakes.

they are the only snake in the world known to kill multiple pry items at once. I use to own three of them it is really cool to watch them constrict 2 mice at once

if some one is looking into snakes as a pet from personal experience as a former cal king owner and a reptile lover cal kings are the best choice for a first time snake owner.

ps
to any one who reads my post and gets interested pleas do not remove any animal from the wild

smokehound
05-18-2012, 11:08 PM
Beautiful snake.. Lots of people obtain these illegally by breaking apart stones, and stripping bark.. Huge demand for them, even bigger demand for san diego mountain kingsnakes..

cutbait
05-19-2012, 07:01 AM
Thanks I like him and hope he stays, but my wife is worried that he might get in the house...Oh well it can't be any worse then me getting in to the house.

Ok, I hate snakes,,,, but if you've got a harmless kingsnake in the back chances are you could easily have a rattler at some point. I'd personally live with the fear of it getting into the house in exchange of him eating mr. rattly...

Dunno? just me but throw that at the wife.... Then again if you do, you may find yourself moving.. LOLz

ZipperWurm
05-20-2012, 03:00 AM

he probably wont sneak in unless u leave a door open for an extended period of time or something...and if he does, just pick him up and put him back outside, he's harmless :Smile:

Skyler
05-21-2012, 06:42 PM
I used to have one named Shai Hulud. Fed him baby rattlers and mice. They tame easy and make great pets.

Jig-Guy
05-21-2012, 07:11 PM
Neat snake protect it they do no harm. My sister hated them when I was a kid but they were my buddies.

City Dad
05-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Squawfish... snake

Marley
05-22-2012, 09:27 PM
I used to have one named Shai Hulud. Fed him baby rattlers and mice. They tame easy and make great pets.

I do not know WTF people keep them as a pet, but that's a really cool name for one. Great flick.

Skyler
05-23-2012, 11:26 AM
I do not know WTF people keep them as a pet, but that's a really cool name for one. Great flick.

"Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people. Baila Kaifa."