PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to fish Pyramid tomorrow, Sat, 5/19?

jowo
05-18-2012, 11:10 AM
ok, so I have a boat (19' bayrunner), and want to fish Pyramid tomorrow, but haven't fished there in years and don't know the ins and outs of the lake anymore. Would anyone like to come, who knows the lake? An alternative would be to see if TO is free tomorrow, and hire him to LEARN the ins and outs of the lake... Looking to target primarily stripers and catfish, trolling and bait.
thanks,
Johnny

Hitts0n
05-18-2012, 04:01 PM
I know about 4 spots but not the in n outs.I think Gary is going out there tomorrow.I think I will go also.
Then night fishing at Castaic. Talk with Gary.....

jowo
05-18-2012, 04:17 PM
spots would work. :)
The only ones I know are the buoyline, which you can't tie to, and yellow bar. used to catch a bunch of 8 inch stripers at yellow bar.

TroutOnly
05-18-2012, 06:38 PM
jowo check youre email,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,,,

jowo
05-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Ended up going with someone who PM'ed me here. We ended up fishing the buoy by the damn the whole day. He had a unique way of anchoring in the 260 foot deep water and pulling the anchor using a buoy/metal ring, so we didn't have to pull the anchor from that deep.

Fish bit weird; they would tap, tap, load the rod, and when you picked it up, would stay on for a couple seconds, and then spit the bait. Would have to pick up the bent rod and freespool. They would run about 10 seconds, then be there if you set the hook.

Ended up with 4 fish between us, 3 about 2 pounds, and 1 about 3 pounds. Nice day on the water, but not the limits he had gotten a few days before. Guess that's why it's called fishing!

dixoncider
05-21-2012, 11:10 AM
"He had a unique way of anchoring in the 260 foot deep water and pulling the anchor using a buoy/metal ring"
Not that unique..they work..only problem is if your in close quarters like at DVL...you need some space to get the anchor up to the buoy
http://www.wholesalemarine.com/p/T-H-AR-1-DP/Ultimate+Anchor+Retrieval+System.html?utm_source=f eed&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google&gdftrk=gdfV22933_a_7c742_a_7c4604_a_7cT_d_H_d_AR_d _1_d_DP

cutbait
05-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Ended up going with someone who PM'ed me here. We ended up fishing the buoy by the damn the whole day. He had a unique way of anchoring in the 260 foot deep water and pulling the anchor using a buoy/metal ring, so we didn't have to pull the anchor from that deep.

Fish bit weird; they would tap, tap, load the rod, and when you picked it up, would stay on for a couple seconds, and then spit the bait. Would have to pick up the bent rod and freespool. They would run about 10 seconds, then be there if you set the hook.

Ended up with 4 fish between us, 3 about 2 pounds, and 1 about 3 pounds. Nice day on the water, but not the limits he had gotten a few days before. Guess that's why it's called fishing!

Did this fellow have on a fanel shirt and an outboard that doesn't tilt?

shinbob
05-21-2012, 11:53 AM

Nice, how far deep were they biting?

jowo
05-21-2012, 03:12 PM
No flannel shirt, it was my boat. Sorry if I missed an inside joke on that one, but I would have died in a flannel shirt. It was HOT!
All the fish were hooked in the top 40 feet.

trail blazer
05-21-2012, 03:34 PM
Seen ya out there jowo,,,,,,,,Made a pass around the island and seen a cpl boats anchord up in the deep water baiting,,,,,,,,,,,was that you by the bouy in the big almn boat,,,or the glass boat over by the corner of the dam,,,,,,,,,,,I was the 1 in the green modified john boat with the black mercury motor,TROLLING,,,with the 2 youngans with me,,,,My kids wanted a day on the water so the mid it was.

Now that i think of it ,,,i beleave i stoped for a second to ask how the bait bite was there

TRAIL BLAZER

Hitts0n
05-21-2012, 04:35 PM
Dayum 260 foot deep !!! Well u got on some fish....