PDA

View Full Version : La Mirada Lake May 17th - Catfish crazy!

allanon
05-18-2012, 08:32 AM
So met up with etucker1959 at La Mirada lake on thursday afternoon.
Arrived around 230pm to find him reeling in a catfish, figured it would be a good day. :Smile:

Once he hooked me up with some tackle and his mealworms under a slip bobber technique, it was on!

Caught 21 fish in about 4 1/2 hours. Would have probably caught more if I could cast accurately. Not used to casting heavy line as I am a trout guy.

etucker caught about 30 or so while I was there, and about 60 more before, so close to 100 in a day (wow!) and he was helping me learn it, while also letting a friends boy cast and catch for about an hour.

The cats were bunched up in a "postage stamp" spot and if you cast into it, you got hit maybe 80% of the time.
Heck, rebaiting and fending off the duck that wanted to eat our bait were the most time consuming part of the process :Big Grin:

Thanks again etucker1959 for the great company, advice and tackle! I know what to bring next time!!

Sorry no pictures! I was so busy rebaiting and casting, I didn't have a moment!

Carptain_Bao
05-18-2012, 08:36 AM
Good job! It's on at La Mirada now isn't it.

FKNChristopH
05-18-2012, 11:35 AM
Been meaning to meet up with him, just too busy. Glad you got out there!

LuckyCraft420
05-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Nice job again Jarod. Eric really knows what he's doing, and he's not afraid to share. I'll see you at LMV for the tourney next month. I'll be bringing my bass rod so I have strong enough line to bring in 1 of those 50+ pounders in there.

reelgurlzfish
05-25-2012, 07:04 PM
I've never been to LM. wasohitting it this weekend. is it still going of? any pointers

etucker1959
05-26-2012, 12:30 AM
I've never been to LM. wasohitting it this weekend. is it still going of? any pointers

No it's not really happening anymore, but that doesn't mean you can't catch a fish or two if you know where to look. It was wide open for three days last week but got poached really hard last friday night and that was all she wrote. You should get on my mailing list if you want to learn how to catch park catfish, I love to make new friends. Good fishing to you.