PDA

View Full Version : Perris Blue stoned Today

tunagod1
05-17-2012, 08:33 PM
Went to Perris this morning, but was turned away,. They said they were blue stoning the lake today and would re-open at 1:00. Ended up at DVL with only may panfish stuff. Caught my limit of Bluegill, not the quality of Perris but decent. Did catch a nice redear 1lb 13oz.35267

The water looked like pea soup, the algae was mucking up my line very difficult to fish.

Kinda early for the blue stoning, hope it doesn't mess up the bedding bluegill.

Tuna out

FishinMishin
05-17-2012, 11:23 PM
Nice job on the gills, I also got turn away and headed to DVL I mean the algae was sick, some parts it was thick I mean thick nasty stuff

goseango
05-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Does DVL do anything to control algae? Blue stone etc.. Last year was really the 1st year they had bad problem and I cant remember if they did anything.

Kelster
05-18-2012, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the report, I have been wondering when they were going to blue stone Perris. I hope it doesn't turn the bite off too much but no treatment and the lake would be overrun by weeds.

M@M
05-18-2012, 11:02 AM
Productive day....Nice red ear......thanks for report

seance
05-18-2012, 04:36 PM
So you guys were turned away today at Perris because they were "blue stoning the lake today". That's strange, because I was the first boat on the lake this morning at 6:00am along with quite a few other boats. When I arrived at the main gate around 5:40am a guy waiting in line told me that they might have Blue stoned the lake on Thursday and by the sight of all the dead little baitfish everywhere on the shoreline at the boat ramp it looked like they sure did. I was on the water from 6:00am untill about 1:00 and when I left there was aprox 40+ trailers in the parking lot & I saw no signs of "blue stoning the lake today"

Natural Lefty
05-18-2012, 04:44 PM
My wife and I went to the marina yesterday late afternoon (5-8), and the employee Roy told us that the lake had been bluestoned. I don't know if that was hurting the fishing, but not many larger fish were biting, except on shad for people who were snagging them (which is illegal). We didn't use shad, but we caught about 15 assorted Bluegills, Redear and a little Sculpin, about half of them on flies, half on bait. Several people had their lines broken by fish that bit shad. I tried catching shad in a net but was unable to, so we stuck with what we had.

Even when I caught what looked like a decent size Bluegill, my wife said it was too small, so I put it back. The only fish we kept was a Bluegill my wife caught that was gut-hooked. However, one guy caught a good size Crappie on a shad, and ended up giving it to us. We ate it for lunch today, but it had some injuries (from a huge bass I guess) and was a bit emaciated and chewy, not the usual delicate and delicious tasting Crappie. I would say that fishing is approaching summer mode there, with lots of active little juvenile fish filling the marina, along with a few bigger ones, which is fun fishing, but not very good for catching big ones. We did see a couple of guys come in with a lot of large Bluegills in a basket, but I think they were fishing from a boat most likely.

tunagod1
05-18-2012, 07:47 PM
Does DVL do anything to control algae? Blue stone etc.. Last year was really the 1st year they had bad problem and I cant remember if they did anything.

Not sure you can do anything with this type of loating algae, Perris uses the copper sulfate to control weeds that grow from the bottom in the shallow areas of the lake. The stuff at DVL is free floating algae, not sure what can be done without endangering everything else.

Tuna

fishmounter
05-20-2012, 11:37 AM
tunagod1...Sent you a PM