PDA

View Full Version : Crestliner for sale, whats a fair price?

fishfinder
05-16-2012, 09:56 PM
Sold, sold, sold,
:Sad: gonna miss her.

christopherstellar
05-16-2012, 10:04 PM
All depends on the engine...if it is in good shape $6000 is a fair price. I just bought a 17' Lowe with a 2004 40 HP 4 stroke for $4500. From the only pic I would say they are about in the same condition.

dixoncider
05-17-2012, 07:23 AM
It has an outdrive not outboard on it... make sure thats going to work for you...

GdHkSet1
05-25-2012, 08:55 AM
Not in a big hurry to sell, but thought I would see if guys thought this was a reasonable price. Looking to buy another boat soon.

http://crestlineforrsale.webs.com/

Nice setup there. I would have original owner show maintance records and if boat was used in SW. I love the quality workmanship of Crestliner, we have owned our fishhawk 16' since 1992(OB 4 stroke upgrade in 2007). If the owner needs to sell asap, he/she should be able to work the numbers....good luck on the boat hunt.

fishfinder
05-25-2012, 11:44 AM
i have no urgency to sell it, but i am putting it up for sale. gonna put it on ebay after the july 4th holiday. any-one is welcome to have it inspected by a mechanic.

Sublime-Steve
05-29-2012, 08:17 AM
make sure to keep the owner sticker on the window that brings up the price a lil :-)

gridjockey
06-01-2012, 05:15 AM
just purchased an eighteen foot crestliner for ten grand. a two thousand and seven mirage with a mercury one hundred and fifteen horse outboard.not many crestliners out there for sale.gives to reason that they must be good boats, people are holding on to them.

FeSantacl
06-01-2012, 06:57 AM
you are right

laserbrn
06-05-2012, 11:35 AM
If I'm being honest and since you asked (I don't usually like to knock people's action), I think that price is a bit high. I doubt you'll sell it very quickly or at all for $6000.00. I'd be looking to pay closer to $4000 for that boat and at that I wouldn't feel I was getting a "deal", I'd feel like it was a fair price. The boat is nearly 13 years old.

GdHkSet1
06-08-2012, 07:34 AM
If I'm being honest and since you asked (I don't usually like to knock people's action), I think that price is a bit high. I doubt you'll sell it very quickly or at all for $6000.00. I'd be looking to pay closer to $4000 for that boat and at that I wouldn't feel I was getting a "deal", I'd feel like it was a fair price. The boat is nearly 13 years old.

I disagree laserbrn, do a quick search on boat trader for clean 2000 Crestliners for 4K, slim pickings, maybe a POS bayliner that has been used in SW for4k. This crestliner w/matching trailer looks like it was taken care of over the years. F/F, you got a nice fishing machine there, dont let anyone low ball you.

laserbrn
06-08-2012, 08:38 AM
You may be right. I'm a bad judge I suppose. I just see a 12 or 13 year old boat with a 135hp i/o and I would be leary about sinking a bunch of money into it. If the motor has low hours and everything is super clean I could maybe see inching it up towards $6000.00. If you are willing to wait for the *right* buyer it could be just right. If you want it sold I'd say somewhere a little lower will go faster. I know people like these aluminum crestliners and they should last a long time, I'd just rather have an OB as dropping 6k on a ? engine with a ? outdrive? Each of them are likely 13 years old. How much would a 13 year old car be worth? Why would a 13 years old boat be worth more? It's seen more abuse and more periods of sitting without running which is the real killer. I dunno...I could be off like I said as it's really a question of supply and demand more than valuating each aspect of it.

laserbrn
06-08-2012, 08:44 AM
Yeah, after a bit more research on the market I'd say that's a fair price for that boat. They seem to be pretty sought after and that helps a lot. Good luck with the sale, I'm sure it'll make someone a very happy boat owner.

fishfinder
06-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Yeah, after a bit more research on the market I'd say that's a fair price for that boat. They seem to be pretty sought after and that helps a lot. Good luck with the sale, I'm sure it'll make someone a very happy boat owner.

thanks for the input. i did a lot of research before i posted this, and if the seats and carpet were in better condition, it would be worth $2000 more, give or take a little, but it runs good and has no mechanical issues. plus i put about 1k into it. Have alredy had a few calls or so, but very one that calls is over 100 miles away. sucks trying to sell a boat in the desert. not going to budge to much on the price. maybe after summer i would drop it. but for now i have a boat to fish with. i do have a buyer who says he is coming up friday. i almost hope he doesn't buy it. lol. I am looking for a 14' with trailer for myself now.

trail blazer
06-15-2012, 08:50 AM
14footer???????

hmm,,,,,,,,,,,,,what kind of 14 footer F/F?

Nice boat by the way

TRAIL BLAZER

fishfinder
06-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Just a little fishing boat. I want at least a 15 HP on it thought. Something I can pull with my car. To much gas to pull the big boat with my truck anymore. Gonna sell the truck next.

trail blazer
06-16-2012, 11:15 AM
Maby something like this,

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/100_3609.jpg

T,B

fishfinder
06-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Maby something like this,

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/100_3609.jpg

T,B

Sweeeet!!! probably weighs to much for me though. I saw one for sale on craigslist, with an old 2 stroke motor for sale for about 2k.

trail blazer
06-17-2012, 07:26 PM
FF,,,,,,,,,,I posted that pic cause when i bought that boat i was looking for EXACTLY what you described,,,,,,picked it all up NEW from BPS for just a little more then you are asking for your boat,,,,ALL welded GRIZLEY/25hs merc 4strk,,tilt and trim,,trl and spare tire,,,,,

You might consider 1 ,,,,,,,,,best little boat ive ever own,d,,,super bullet proof hull,,,,,,handles big water great,,,,,,uses hardly any gas,,,,,toung weight is abought 45 lbs,,,,,,,,boat and trl couldnt weigh over650lbs or so,,,,,,,,,,,tows great with the little 4cyl automatic,

runs at almost 25miles an hr or troll,s all day at idle without ever complaining a bit.

Was a big jump for me from the bass boats and deep,vs that ive always owned,,but i love it.

Hate to see ya get rid of that nice machine that you,v got though,,but thought id throw that out there for ya.

TRAIL BLAZER

DrePSP
06-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Can your crestliner get into dvl? What's the speed when idle in gear? ....I like to troll

fishfinder
06-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Can your crestliner get into dvl? What's the speed when idle in gear? ....I like to troll

yes it can go in DVL. I bought it out there and it had a DVL sticker on it. I have installed a trolling plate on it, and it trolls about 1 1.5 mph when fully throttled down.

DrePSP
06-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Great, what is gas consumption on that inboard?

fishfinder
06-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Great, what is gas consumption on that inboard?

The only time i really checked it for mpg, was when i took a bunch of my daughters friends to the lake for her birthday and we pulled the tube with 3 people on it for many full throttle starts, for about 5 hours, and it got 4 mpg. (milage done on etrex gps) whicj i here is good for a boat. but when i was trolling and fishing all day at lake crowley, and then went to top it off at the end of the day, it only took less than 3 gallons.

DrePSP
06-27-2012, 01:46 PM
I like the trolling gas consumption. I think on boats you do gallons per hour on full throttle. but troilling looks good. how big is a gas tank? what do you think i would use up in DVL on a 8 hr day. Lets say trolling for 4 hours and maybe few back and forh trips at cruising speed. thanks for your fast replies

fishfinder
06-27-2012, 04:20 PM
I like the trolling gas consumption. I think on boats you do gallons per hour on full throttle. but troilling looks good. how big is a gas tank? what do you think i would use up in DVL on a 8 hr day. Lets say trolling for 4 hours and maybe few back and forh trips at cruising speed. thanks for your fast replies
probably 3 or 4 gallons. its a 30 gallon tank. i am actually going to dvl july 5th. gonna rent a boat instead of bringing mine though. will save me $100 in gas. cause i am going to b out that way for a few days, and driving my truck around all that time gets expensive.

fishfinder
06-30-2012, 09:12 PM
Sold, sold, sold,
:Sad: gonna miss her.