PDA

View Full Version : 1/8 Oz SwimJigs?

smokehound
05-16-2012, 12:57 PM
Since I'm using lighter line I'd like to know where I can get jigheads this light..

the lightest I can find is quarter-oz, and even that is too heavy for me X(

christopherstellar
05-16-2012, 01:03 PM
[QUOTE=smokehound;606615]Since I'm using lighter line I'd like to know where I can get jigheads this light..

the lightest I can find is quarter-oz, and even that is too heavy for me X([/QU

Johnny's Sport Shop, Pasadena, check it out

smokehound
05-16-2012, 04:35 PM
[QUOTE=smokehound;606615]Since I'm using lighter line I'd like to know where I can get jigheads this light..

the lightest I can find is quarter-oz, and even that is too heavy for me X([/QU

Johnny's Sport Shop, Pasadena, check it outWay too far from me. I dont want tiny jigheads, I want a 1/0 skirted jighead. I found a lightweight jighead, but it's way too light for the harbor.

Ifishtoolittle
05-16-2012, 04:47 PM
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Keitech_Mono_Spin_Jig/descpage-KMSJ.html

These will break the bank, but they are super finesse jigheads. I know they're not swimjigs but they should work.

DarkShadow
05-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Keitech makes the swim jig version. They're the Type III.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Keitech_Model_III_Swim_Jig/descpage-KEISWJG.html

I know a few JDM manufacturers make them too, just have to do a bit of research to find 'em.

BUT, even though the jig is 1/8 ounce, if you plan on using any type of trailer, you'll be increasing the weight big time.

smokehound
05-16-2012, 04:54 PM

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Keitech_Model_III_Swim_Jig/descpage-KEISWJG.html

I know a few JDM manufacturers make them too, just have to do a bit of research to find 'em.

BUT, even though the jig is 1/8 ounce, if you plan on using any type of trailer, you'll be increasing the weight big time.that's exactly what I want. The only trailer I plan on using is brush hogs.

Armofisher818
05-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Since I'm using lighter line I'd like to know where I can get jigheads this light..

the lightest I can find is quarter-oz, and even that is too heavy for me X(

Stocking up to slay the spotties huh :Wink:

smokehound
05-16-2012, 10:04 PM

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Keite...e-KEISWJG.html

BUT, even though the jig is 1/8 ounce, if you plan on using any type of trailer, you'll be increasing the weight big time. Forgot to say thank you.

Stocking up to slay the spotties huh ;)Damn straight. I've been getting nice ones, but I need to up the ante and increase the bait profile a tad bit.

LGHT
05-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Do those work with spotties? Never had any luck with those or spinners, but everyone says they work.

DarkShadow
05-17-2012, 03:42 PM
Forgot to say thank you.

Not a problem.

ONE thing tho...

Those Keitech swim jigs have a plastic bait holder hanging from front of the bait where you can screw in your trailer.

Now, don't know if I was just lucky, but my first cast with one of those baits, I managed a fish, but it managed to break the plastic bait holder completely, rendering the bait pretty much useless.

Just an FYI, especially if you're going after those Spotties, since they can be kinda vicious with their strikes.

smokehound
05-18-2012, 10:43 AM
Do those work with spotties? Never had any luck with those or spinners, but everyone says they work.Yes, they do. Sometimes the bass want a little orange or red with the green or brown. If you can get it to the strike zone, and use the proper colors, spotties will attack it. Try a booyah chartreuse spinnerbait, they work! Just put in more time, and you'll get one. However, I'm more fond of soft plastics, myself.

Just use the right colors.. for eelgrass and docks, I usually prefer greens. For open sand, I prefer browns.

Those Keitech swim jigs have a plastic bait holder hanging from front of the bait where you can screw in your trailer.

Now, don't know if I was just lucky, but my first cast with one of those baits, I managed a fish, but it managed to break the plastic bait holder completely, rendering the bait pretty much useless.

Just an FYI, especially if you're going after those Spotties, since they can be kinda vicious with their strikes.Yeah they are vicious, all right. Sometimes they'll grab your bait and just thrash it around to "kill" it. I think maybe yours slammed the jighead on a piling or rock or something hard.. You could always glue the soft plastic on so it doesn't slip. (I personally dont think the spotties care about the smell)

These will break the bank, but they are super finesse jigheads. I know they're not swimjigs but they should work.Those would kick *** with some 2 inch grubs!

Armofisher818
05-18-2012, 11:49 AM
Have you ever tryed those reebs spinnerbaits? I know the little spotties wont attack it as much but when they do its big.

DarkShadow
05-18-2012, 12:23 PM
I think maybe yours slammed the jighead on a piling or rock or something hard.. You could always glue the soft plastic on so it doesn't slip. (I personally dont think the spotties care about the smell)

Smokie,

I was fishing for LMB at DVL, and the only thing the jig slammed was a fish on the first cast.

I sent it back to TackleWarehouse and they sent me a replacement, but I have yet to get a chance to break them again.