PDA

View Full Version : Crappie Classic May 19th

vineline
05-16-2012, 08:56 AM
Good morning FNN:

The Crappie Classic is slated for Saturday May 19th.
Hours 6 am - 5pm
Tournament is FREE with your paid admission.
Heaviest single crappie $500 cash split between 1st & 3rd place.
Plus a Berkley Super Crappie Pack for the top 3 heaviest crappie.
We will also have a $10 side pot buy-in for the heaviest stringer.
Free Raffle Sponsored by Berkley!

If you need a little tune up before the Crappie Classic,
Marlon Meade will be conducting a crappie seminar at
The Longfin in Orange tomorrow night May 17th at 6:30 pm.

Hope to see you at the Classic!
Keep on Fishing.
Vineline

Rastavyb
05-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Where is this tourney being held? Also is there a website for the tourney?

Good morning FNN:

The Crappie Classic is slated for Saturday May 19th.
Hours 6 am - 5pm
Tournament is FREE with your paid admission.
Heaviest single crappie $500 cash split between 1st & 3rd place.
Plus a Berkley Super Crappie Pack for the top 3 heaviest crappie.
We will also have a $10 side pot buy-in for the heaviest stringer.
Free Raffle Sponsored by Berkley!

If you need a little tune up before the Crappie Classic,
Marlon Meade will be conducting a crappie seminar at
The Longfin in Orange tomorrow night May 17th at 6:30 pm.

Hope to see you at the Classic!
Keep on Fishing.
Vineline

vineline
05-16-2012, 11:28 AM

The tournament is at Irvine Lake.
Just show up and you are automatically entered in the tournament.

5150fishn
05-16-2012, 11:31 AM
You do realize you are in the Irvine lake section of the forum don't you! Lol! Sorry, had to do it. It is at Irvine lake and you can see the flyer on their website- irvinelake.net
Come on out it will be fun! Some of us will be camping the line on Friday night. You are more than welcome to join us.

Rastavyb
05-16-2012, 12:01 PM
I did not. Thanks for your insight.

You do realize you are in the Irvine lake section of the forum don't you! Lol! Sorry, had to do it. It is at Irvine lake and you can see the flyer on their website- irvinelake.net
Come on out it will be fun!

5150fishn
05-16-2012, 01:09 PM
I did not. Thanks for your insight.

No disrespect meant. Just having fun with you.

Thisfool
05-16-2012, 05:16 PM
No disrespect meant. Just having fun with you.

your a jerk man up there on your high horse, Paying attention to what thread your in pshhhhh who does that? a jerk like you thats who.

lol you know im messing with you. man wish i could make it out for this one give them hell for me Dan

5150fishn
05-16-2012, 08:05 PM
your a jerk man up there on your high horse, Paying attention to what thread your in pshhhhh who does that? a jerk like you thats who.

lol you know im messing with you. man wish i could make it out for this one give them hell for me Dan

Rofl! Bummer you can't make it out Travis. I was expecting something smoked to eat from you!LOL We will catch you on the next one bro.

BRING IT
05-16-2012, 09:48 PM
Where did they stock..........lmao

Ian
05-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Hey vineline, I was at the Marlon Meade seminar at Savon Tackle. He believes the wipers are just wiping out the Crappie because since the wipers have been stocked with this catch-n-release only policy, the amount of Crappie he gets has gotten from about 50 fish per day to just 15. This is from Marlon. He is a Berkeley pro and has been fishing Irvine for decades. The wipers have grown so fast. Faster than what people have expected. Gee, Marlon wonders why.

For me, wipers get in the way of catfishing too because they munch on the shrimp. When can we please take home some wipers?? I understand they are meant to be fun to fight and have been stocked to put up a great fight for bass fishermen who don't mind hanging a wiper on their bass lures and they catch and release anyway, but the wipers get in the way of fishing for the Cats and Crappie, and us Cats and Crappie anglers pay to fish for take home. I can see the wipers pushing 10 lbs now obliterating the Crappie. Great. I can almost guarantee you, you don't get more bass angler business because of the wipers but you certainly will and are losing business from the Crappie anglers. I'm sure Berkeley is not happy seeing this as their trout lures double as crappie lures, which Marlon was heavily recommending at the seminar. Has Irvine Lake made a profit from the wipers??? It seemingly has the opposite effect.