PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Pan Fish Jigs??

SlayinRainbows
05-15-2012, 05:45 PM
So last Sunday I was by the ball park at Lake Gregory, not catching trout (which is what I wanted). While I was reeling my plastic trout worm back in, I noticed the same thing I saw before at LNL, which is all the crappie and bluegill follow those worms in and nip at 'em. So to pass the time I got a tiny little gold egg hook and pinched a short piece tail off one of the worm. I did a drop shot rig with about a 16" leader and jigging that little worm with the tiny hook I was nailing all the pan fish! It was a GREAT way to pass the time I was getting a kick out of it. I probably caught 20 bluegill and crappie all together with what I think was a baby bass in there at one point. I was wondering what other people used to jig for pan fish, I'd like to get a little more into it. What size / type of hook or jig head?

christainmetalhead909
05-15-2012, 09:26 PM
my favorite is a little crappie jig or a trout jig under a bobber 2-3 feet some times they take it like if you were fishing for trout and other times they like it slow. good luck

5150fishn
05-16-2012, 11:59 AM
I use tube style jigs with 1/32 jig head usually. Favorite jig brands- crappie john (no longer avail. but I still have a nice stash), trout king, lip ripperz.

Troutcz swimbait
05-16-2012, 05:25 PM
Trout magnet with a 1/64 ball jig head