PDA

View Full Version : 1st time float tubing perris 5/13/12

cambofisher
05-15-2012, 01:58 PM
Got the tube out on the water around 730am from the launch ramp at lots 11-12.Since this was my 1st time ,i didn't know where to start.So i put on a super duper and trolled straight accross towards the island.
As i was getting about a qaurter of the way there,i get hammered and bring up a nice 11' readear.That would be the only redear of the day and only one on the super duper.Man i am suprised at how hard that RE
hit my lure,almost took my rod into the drink cause i didn't have a rodholder.
So i got to the island and switched over to a dropshot set up using trout worm after what seemed like an hour of kicking my tube.I was just working the dropshot along the edge of the weedline for a slow pick on BG
from 9-11'.Somehow i couldn't find them in a decent school,i was just getting one here and there by kicking back and forth along the island shoreline.So i decided to go and work the east end i believe(the big cove on the left of lots 11-12).I ende up working that whole area all the way back to the ramp for slow pick on mostly small BG. The wind wasn't that bad thankfully and i got a major workout from all the kicking.I barely mad it without cramping around 3pm.

I ended keeping 14 BG and the 1 RE all in the 9-11' range.It was not bad for my 1st time out on perris from my tube.I definetely paid my dues on this trip.Thanks to tunagod and kelster for all the detailed reports on perris.I know i didn't do as good as u guys,but i will definetely will be out there and explore other areas of the lake.

cambo

rtfish
05-15-2012, 02:12 PM
Great Job out there. I was out there Saturday for the first time and rented a boat. I usually tube corona lake but wasn't sure about where to go for Perris. Saw and talked to a few tubers out and they told me to launch from the same place you did. It would be killer if the wind is blowin.

fishmounter
05-16-2012, 11:09 PM
I keep hearing about a trail down through the brush east of the island where you can get your float tube to the lake from the road/bike trail that goes around the lake. You still need to ride a bike or carry your tube on a cart, but sure beats kicking all the way across the lake. Now if only someone would show me where it is...

cambofisher
05-17-2012, 04:01 AM
I keep hearing about a trail down through the brush east of the island where you can get your float tube to the lake from the road/bike trail that goes around the lake. You still need to ride a bike or carry your tube on a cart, but sure beats kicking all the way across the lake. Now if only someone would show me where it is...

I've actually hike that trail before.You have to start at lots 11-12 where the launch ramp is.Just follow the trail on the left of the ramp and it should take you directly across from the east end of the island.Don't know if there is still a trail that will take you all the way there anymore though because of the high water level and the growth of vegetation back there.I hiked it back when the water was lowered for the dam repairs.I think it would be closer if you just go to bernasconi side and launch good luck.

fishmounter
05-17-2012, 03:04 PM
Yeah, I launch at the Bernasconi road all the time. I just want to be able to launch my 'tube closer to the east end, and the tire reef. I don't want to kick there from Bernasconi ORr lots 11 & 12...

Kelster
05-17-2012, 06:41 PM
I went out Weds. 5/16 and ended up with a total of (21), all on the SD Krawl. Kicked across from lots 11 and 12 and worked that side of the lake in 10' of water.
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h326/kelima559/Lake%20Perris/DSC07585.jpg

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h326/kelima559/Lake%20Perris/DSC07580.jpg

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h326/kelima559/Lake%20Perris/DSC07587.jpg

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h326/kelima559/Lake%20Perris/DSC07588.jpg

Kicking doesn't bother me. I kicked down to the far east end then up to the Island to the Buoys just to see that I needed to go back to where I was catching all the fish. It's good exercise and relaxing when you are one of the only people on the lake.
Glad you had a good day on the water and posting up your results helps us all.