PDA

View Full Version : Mission Bay

Re8elmonk0341
04-23-2007, 10:53 PM
I'd talk to a dude @ M St. dock the other day while fishing. He said that Mission Bay SD is a very good spot to fish. Is that ture? I looked at some of the air shots of that place and it looks promising. Does anyone know of and if so any good spots to fish? Thank you!!

Rithy

halijedi
04-24-2007, 01:32 AM
Back in the days when I was in the Navy, I've fished just about every nook and cranny in Mission Bay and will admit that it is a great fishery. Awesome place for spotties, orange mouth corVina, halibut, spotfin croakers, bonito, pencil 'cudas, and some big sandies. There are calicos there, but they are not all that big (at least the ones I've caught).

Since you have military access to some of the spots I've fished, I would be more than happy to share it with you. Just give me a call when you get a chance.

THarry65
04-24-2007, 02:50 AM
Can You get live bait in Mission Bay and are there skiff rentals with bait tanks?

THarry65

sansou
04-24-2007, 08:19 AM
Yes to all the questions posed. There is so much shoreline in MB that it is hard to even begin describing what works where & what you're likely to catch etc...

The cheapest around (unless you are Military and have access to MWR) are the "Red Boats" from Seaforth...but they don't have a bait tank.

If you have a boat already, I would simply suggest you just trailer it. Skiff rentals can be very steep $$.

kongfish
04-25-2007, 12:49 AM
hey ck out SDFISH.COM Sd bay is also a great place to fish. Go kill them. :)