PDA

View Full Version : S.W.A.T. Sunday Legal Halibut.

Sharkbait
05-15-2012, 10:44 AM
I have not been fishing for a few weeks due to working 6-7 days a week but that's over now. There have been some Halibut in the surf everywhere lately so I had a hard time deciding where to fish. The night before I got some info from ToadsToadsOnly and we fished the beach the next morning. Fishing was a bit on the slow side but I worked for my fish. After countless cast I managed two short butts and this 27.5'' Halibut that bit 10ft in front of me. It sure gave me a battle and would not give up.....that's not the usual Halibut fight. Unfortunately the battery in my GoPro was not fully charged and died before hooking up. Anyways packed it up shortly afterwards to visit my mom.
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac287/Sharkbait_album/275Halibut2.jpg

On and I almost forgot to mention that the butt spit up a 10'' Spanish Mackerel!

Anthony

Mr_Dunev
05-15-2012, 10:55 AM
Woah nice fish. I am surprised it put up such a good fight, the big ones are usually lazy. It's always nice to work hard for a fish, it makes you appreciate it more.

Thanks for the report and pic, I hope you had a great mothersday.
Lucas

Which Way Out
05-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Wow that's a Pig in more ways than One.... A Ten inch Mac, crazy.

Thanks for the report Anthony.
WWO

the killa fish taco
05-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Nice job man....

bachiboy
05-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Way to work through the slow bite and come out WAY ahead! Nice fish man...congrats!

iLLest
05-15-2012, 04:22 PM
Sweet job Anthony.
And he spit out a 10" Spanish mack? he mustve been reallll hungry to go after that sucker.
Keep it up!

Wingnut
05-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Mike (Bones) and I were eating lunch in Santa Barbara after our surf session when I got your text on Sunday. I showed it to him. We both shook our heads and I said, "I guess we went in the wrong direction today..." :LOL:
Nice Halibut Anthony, that fish shot you straight up near the top of the S.W.A.T. Challenge Leader Board! :Thumbs Up:

SP Dan
05-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Hi ya Sharkbait,

Was that a LC 110 Spanish Mackerel that it spit up! Sorry...I couldn't help myself...:LOL: ha ha ha!

"CONGRATULATIONS" Brotha on such a fine fish...WOW...a 27 1/2" Hali! :Big Smile::Applause:
That should put you up near the leaders! WTG! :Envious:
I'm still waiting on mine to arrive. I know.....patience!

Thanx Anthony for the fun read with pic's! :Cool:

Sp Dan <"))><

frankjz
05-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Love the fish. I also love the photography, courtesy the low battery. It's old school and atmospheric. Very cool. Congrats on that butt. I'm gonna get me a legal one soon I'm sure. I'm going fishing Thursday morning. Where I don't know.

fz

Jaysuuun
05-16-2012, 08:27 AM
Nice fish! Damn SWAT has been blowing it up lately!

TUNAVIC
05-16-2012, 08:55 AM
Very nice way to wrap up the morning,Congrats,thanks for the report.

Cya Tuna Vic

bones
05-16-2012, 11:36 AM
Very nice flattie Anthony...... Looks like your local haunt is blowing up.....It's about time.
Are you and JerryG still planning the annual July 4th Southbay slaughter. It's about time to ditch the waders and put on the board shorts.
Gotta love socal and all of the fishing opportunities. Nice tan too bro:ROFL:
Whoa...a10 inch spanish mack...Now that's scary. That fatty flattie is going to need a lap band if she keeps that up but something tells me that after her encounter with you she went on a diet.

murrieta angler
05-16-2012, 06:45 PM
Hey Anthony,
Nice looking flatty Bro!
I wondered where you been lately, work is a good thing.
Take It Easy,
Robert
<><

troublehook
05-23-2012, 03:25 PM
Sweet looking Halibut man, SWAT kicks ***. :Cool:

bsp
05-24-2012, 07:41 PM
Anthony,
Solid job on yet another nice flatty! Things look like they are getting better at the local beaches, and it should stack up to be another good July 4 trip if you and jerryG want to do that again.

Look forward to fishing with you soon,

Marc