PDA

View Full Version : Top Water Lures An Yumbrella Rig

SoCalB3AST
05-14-2012, 04:40 PM
im looking for a new rod for throwing top water lures, an say a yumbrella rig, i fish the aqueduct for catfish an stripers mostly an im just starting to get into large mouth bass fishing. what size rod an action, also what kind of taper any help would apperciated thanks!!

joetro474
05-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Best to get a Swimbait rod for that yumbrella rig. something in the 7'6" range. You will want the rod to be a little stiff. The yumbrella rig can get a little heavy depending on what swimbaits you put on it.

GL

DarkShadow
05-15-2012, 10:44 AM
Unless you're planning on throwing BIG topwater baits (1 ounce and above), don't think there would be a rod that covers both techniques, especially since Yumbrella rigs can weigh up to 2 to 3 ounces depending on how it's rigged.

I've heard great things about Dobyn's light swimbait rods for throwing the Yumbrella rigs.

Payduck
05-15-2012, 11:00 PM
For the Yumbrella i would go with the "Bama Rig Rod" From IRod. Super light and awesome rods.

For the top waters, it really depends on the lure. There is a big difference between a popper and a lunker punker :LOL:

Carptain_Bao
05-15-2012, 11:44 PM
Are you talkin about the yumbrella double-up popper rig?

DarkShadow
05-16-2012, 08:23 AM
Are you talkin about the yumbrella double-up popper rig?

Hmm...is that like the Calabama Triple Double Around the Back Off the Backboard Swimbait Rig?