PDA

View Full Version : S.W.A.T Get your butt off the couch and go out and get some BUTT's

ToadsToadsOnly
05-13-2012, 08:50 PM
(Swoosh) Alan sent me an invite to meet him out on the surf in the A.M I was kicking myself in the butt because I was not able to make it out and to top it off I was on the way to meet a client up when Alan was sending me pictures of his first two legals. Talking about Fish FEVER, to top it off right before my meeting I looked at my phone and Alan sent me a picture of his third legal. Really? What the heck? That is awesome!! I told myself no way I am going to miss this bite.. After my meeting I hauled home and packed my gear and headed to the surf and guess what? They were still biting I stuck 3 shorts and 1 legal in a short evening session, THANKS ALAN! Even S.W.A.T needs a little extra push sometimes to get off their Butts to go out and catch BUTT's even for a short session " You are not going to catch fish if you are on the couch". This halibut was a great catch to me because I have been neglecting the surf for the past couple seasons due to my Striper Fever.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/IMAG0984.jpg

23 1/2"

Go Get Em Guys

Get your butts off the couch and go out and get some BUTT's.

ToadsToadsOnly

Go Big Or Go Home.

PONTOON
05-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Around my house my butts not allowed on the couch...........evening session..........I'm going fishing.:LOL:

Thanks for the report Jonathan and congrats!:Thumbs Up: Very nice!

smooshsh
05-13-2012, 09:47 PM
Lol. Fever paid off Jonathan. Knowing your luck, I just have this weird feeling something bigger will come along soon.

jerryG
05-13-2012, 10:44 PM
Some nice catches were made this weekend.. Sounds like the fever must be going around I hear Sharkbait (Anthony) caught the fever as well.. I would have loved to have gone but commitments prevented any chance of me catching the fever this weekend. Next Sunday is looking good...

JerryG

fish_sauce
05-13-2012, 11:32 PM
I totally hear ya brother! Way to go on the legal!

Just twwwooooo moreeee weeeeeeks of school for me, then i can hit the water again!!!! Save some legals for me pleeeaseee!!! :Cool:

Andrew

murrieta angler
05-14-2012, 04:15 AM
Way to go Jonathan!
When Arturo sent me the text I was wanting to head North so bad, but alas it was Mothers Day and I had a great weekend with my wife!!!
Thanks for the picture and evening update from Saturday.
Robert
<><

Troutcz swimbait
05-14-2012, 08:28 AM
Nice one L John .

Mr_Dunev
05-14-2012, 09:01 AM
Glad that little push turned into a nice Legal! How heart broken would you have been, if he had caught all of them, in his short session!? :LOL: Poseidon felt neglected from your recent striper fishing, so he decided to send you something enticing so you to hit the sand more often. One day I am going to find a couch washed up on the beach, sit my butt down on it, and fish! haha

Thanks for the Report and Pics,
Lucas

SP Dan
05-14-2012, 12:25 PM
Hi ya ToadsToadsOnly,

At least you made your way down to the salt after receiving fresh INTEL from your buddy.
Congrat's on your legal Hali! WTG!! The short session that paid off in "flap jacks" not pancakes! ha ha ha! :Thumbs Up:

One never knows what one can accomplish.... until one tries! :Wink:

Thanx Jonathan for the "get off the couch" inspirational report with pic's! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

Badbeat
05-14-2012, 01:11 PM
My butt is off the couch but have alot of work lately, no time to fish. :Sad:
Nice Halibut bro. :Thumbs Up:

Wingnut
05-14-2012, 06:09 PM
Jonathan, sadly, I didn't catch the Halibut fever this weekend... :Neutral: I tried my hardest to contract the bug, but it wasn't meant to be. :LOL:
Thanks for passing on the intel on the A.O. on Saturday. :Cool: What I did was head in the complete opposite direction on Sunday, lol.
Didn't find the target species... then on my long drive home, get texts from you and Anthony of your legal catches. :Envious:
Nicely done my friend. :Thumbs Up:

bachiboy
05-14-2012, 06:15 PM
Hey Jonathan,

Nice job getting out there on short notice and sticking it to 'em! Congrats on the stellar session!

Don

bloox8
05-14-2012, 06:45 PM
NICE BOOTY!

Way to own it up on a quick session!

Which Way Out
05-15-2012, 09:09 AM
Jonathan I somehow missed this report because my butt was in the surf...........LOL

Good times are here buddy. Congrats and thanks for getting the blood moving around here.
WWO

Jaysuuun
05-16-2012, 08:23 AM
Seeing all these reports is giving me the push to get out ther. I know exactly what you mean. My little side hobby has been sidetracking me lately though. Nice legal.

bones
05-16-2012, 11:28 AM
My phone has been blowing up with the texts of our SWAT team killing it down south. Great job on the sand Jonathan. Keep those reports coming buddy!

troublehook
05-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Way to go bro, this motivates me to get my butt off the couch and hit the surf. :Wink:

bsp
05-24-2012, 07:43 PM
Jonathan,

Solid job on the quick legal. Sometimes trips turn out that way, and it's always nice when you see a solid fish hit the sand sooner rather than later.

Hope the striper slaying is going well,

Marc

ToadsToadsOnly
05-24-2012, 10:43 PM
Thanks guys for all of the kind words I was pretty darn excited to catch a legal after so long, this fish cooled off my fever down a little.

Way to go Jonathan!
When Arturo sent me the text I was wanting to head North so bad, but alas it was Mothers Day and I had a great weekend with my wife!!!
Thanks for the picture and evening update from Saturday.
Robert
<><

I am not married yet but I hear from many guys Happy Wife = Happy Life at least you had a great weekend with the wify Robert. Now this weekend is another story YELLOWTAIL TIME!!!!

Hi ya ToadsToadsOnly,

At least you made your way down to the salt after receiving fresh INTEL from your buddy.
Congrat's on your legal Hali! WTG!! The short session that paid off in "flap jacks" not pancakes! ha ha ha! :Thumbs Up:

One never knows what one can accomplish.... until one tries! :Wink:

Thanx Jonathan for the "get off the couch" inspirational report with pic's! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

Exactly Dan you are not going to catch fish without trying and sometimes it takes just a little extra nudge to get out and try.

My butt is off the couch but have alot of work lately, no time to fish. :Sad:
Nice Halibut bro. :Thumbs Up:

I feel ya bro work has been kicking my butt also 12-13 hour days sometimes 6 days a week some of my days off I just want to just sleep but when the FEVER starts the only thing that will cool it off is to get out on the water even for a short session.

Jonathan, sadly, I didn't catch the Halibut fever this weekend... :Neutral: I tried my hardest to contract the bug, but it wasn't meant to be. :LOL:
Thanks for passing on the intel on the A.O. on Saturday. :Cool: What I did was head in the complete opposite direction on Sunday, lol.
Didn't find the target species... then on my long drive home, get texts from you and Anthony of your legal catches. :Envious:
Nicely done my friend. :Thumbs Up:

Well with or without the catching the halibut bug you know what they say "A slow day of fishing is always better than a good day at work" Anthony called me that night with some question I told him LETS GO, a couple hours later he hooks into a beast it was awesome. Unfortunately I could not catch the bug that day but I was still happy to see Anthony land the nice fish.

Jonathan,

Solid job on the quick legal. Sometimes trips turn out that way, and it's always nice when you see a solid fish hit the sand sooner rather than later.

Hope the striper slaying is going well,

Marc

I think the striper fever has subsided and I have a full blown breakout for the salt species for the summer.

Good luck on the water guys.

blackwater
06-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Nice Halibut bro, I seriously need to get my butt out on the sand with you guys. :Wink: