PDA

View Full Version : 5/11 Report - There's panfish EVERYWHERE!

netdawg
05-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Decided to head out late afternoon to recharge the soul and get some time near the water... Rounded up a buddy of mine and we headed to any shoreline we thought could produce some slabs or gils. Hit Lot 11 by 5pm and say a few folks out there fishing. Mostly small fish with bluegill and a couple crappie showing from the folks I passed. Used only bait, no artificials on this trip.

Had 4-5 fish landed in a couple hrs with only one small keeper showing. The goal here was to round up enough to break out the deep fryer and cornmeal but by 7pm it was not lookin good. Headed over to the boat ramps at 7pm and tried our luck there. About another 3-4 fish between us with my buddy having one a little over half pound coming to break his skunk. Shut it down at about 8pm with 2 fish going home with my friend for a meal and I go home with a sense of peace knowing I got my lines wet :)

Not much luck for the keepers but there are fish EVERYWHERE. if you can find the faster drop offs with some cover you'll find 'em in the coming week or two

Good Luck Folks!

castle
05-13-2012, 06:02 AM
Decided to head out late afternoon to recharge the soul and get some time near the water... Rounded up a buddy of mine and we headed to any shoreline we thought could produce some slabs or gils. Hit Lot 11 by 5pm and say a few folks out there fishing. Mostly small fish with bluegill and a couple crappie showing from the folks I passed. Used only bait, no artificials on this trip.

Had 4-5 fish landed in a couple hrs with only one small keeper showing. The goal here was to round up enough to break out the deep fryer and cornmeal but by 7pm it was not lookin good. Headed over to the boat ramps at 7pm and tried our luck there. About another 3-4 fish between us with my buddy having one a little over half pound coming to break his skunk. Shut it down at about 8pm with 2 fish going home with my friend for a meal and I go home with a sense of peace knowing I got my lines wet :)

Not much luck for the keepers but there are fish EVERYWHERE. if you can find the faster drop offs with some cover you'll find 'em in the coming week or two

Good Luck Folks!

Also try the Marina docks. Alot of fish there and its only 3 dollars to fish on them.