PDA

View Full Version : Aquaduct fishing

Taiko
05-11-2012, 10:52 PM
What's up FNN,

Im taking a shot in the dark but I had a few questions about Aquaduct fishing haha. I was wondering if You guys could point me in the right direction of where I could fish for stripers. I have never fished the Aquaduct so I wouldn't know where to start. Just to clarify I'm not looking for anyone's honey hole, just a legal place I'll have a chance to land a striper or two. Some tips on what techniques work good for u guys would be really appreciated. Thanks again guys Gluck out there!

fishinarteest
05-11-2012, 11:26 PM
I have been fishing the duct for sometime now and i may not be a master but i think i am at least qualified to give a basic answer to your questions. first theres not really any honey hole at the duct, whats good today is gone tomorrow basically. as far as where to fish use google earth or google maps to find nearest places to you. illlegal spots have signs saying theres no fishing there and are lined with barbed wire fence(for most illegal spots if not all of them). for stripers I like to throw flukes, swimbaits, rat l traps, etc. I have also caught the occasional duct striper on anchovies. as far as i know bakersfield maybe a good part of the duct to try for striper, though theres striper all over the duct bakersfield is a pretty good place to start. read the duct portion of the forum for more info.

Bassnman Mike
05-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Read this http://bassnman.com/fishing-tips/ca-aqueduct-fishing-tips-and-techniques/ and this http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?29432-Aqueduct-lure-teqnique-how-to. Between the 2 it covers just about all the basics you need to know about fishing the duct. The biggest trick, go alot and fish hard.

Taiko
05-13-2012, 05:57 PM
Thanks guys, I'm glad someone on this board is willing to help. It's really appreciated and when I go I'll definitely share the experience. Thanks again

etucker1959
05-13-2012, 10:37 PM
A few years back there was a stupid bite on stripers by the Buena Vista lakes in the duct. We averaged 30 per rod for about 6 weeks in a row! That was basic fishing a c rig with half/nightcrawler and half lug worms. So if you don't want to get too fancy that rig will still probablly work.