PDA

View Full Version : my 16in BONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fishinginmyblood
08-20-2007, 08:02 PM
hey everybody i havent posted in a while but this is a special ocation, so i hit up huntington harbor today on a public dock that i know of i always do well on the dock never got skunked there before, a couple of weeks ago i had my pool pooled in the water and like a true fisherman i jumped in after it but it was already gone. so anyways yesterday i went out and caught a 16in bonefish!!!!!, i havent been that stoked about a fish in a long time, also caught a couple of sting rays a bass and a croaker, well here are the pics of the bonefish hope everybody enjoys, i guess they must be in area i saw that other post from NPH good job on that by the way. im going to post more for now on since i go almost every weekend. untile next time peace out.

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/Adam'sPictures001.jpg

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/Adam'sPictures002.jpg

BupkAngler
08-20-2007, 08:09 PM
NICE!! :thumb:

ThemBastards
08-20-2007, 08:30 PM
$5 says Ghetto Dad opens this post expecting something else. :wink:

victor101
08-20-2007, 08:33 PM
i second that...haha :gayfight: . good job on the bonefish man! never seen one cought before.

Fisher-of-Men
08-20-2007, 08:42 PM
So what does a Bone Fish taste like? :? You ate it right??

Fisher-of-Men

one_leg
08-20-2007, 09:19 PM
NICE!!!!!!!

O_L

riverjoon
08-20-2007, 09:30 PM
nice catch! i'd sure love to hook and release one of those.

fishinginmyblood
08-20-2007, 10:15 PM
Fisher-of-Men- no i didn't keep it im not sure what they tast like but i have herd they are not verry good at all i have herd that that they have a lot of bone's hence "bonefish" and the meat is not tasty i would rather let the rare catch go anyways cause it just gives me a chance to catch him again j/k! i would just rather keep the low population that we do have not any less but man i caught him on light line and it sure was fun i didn't know what it was untile i got him up to the top and i started getting all excited it was realy fun to say the least and to everybody else that hase replied so fare thank you

SanDimasLMB
08-21-2007, 01:28 AM
Wow, whats with all the exotics up this north and especially in the bays. Thats the second bonefish I've seen in a report around the SoCal bays this week. :shock:

BakoBassin
08-21-2007, 07:38 AM
i second that...haha :gayfight: . good job on the bonefish man! never seen one cought before.
See now? You guys ruined my joke :lol:

Toldja VanillaGorilla...Bonefish in da harbor :wink:

TrabucoDom
08-21-2007, 09:52 AM
I was at one of the docks in newport bay yesterday and someone also landed a bonefish there. We saw 2 of them swimming around...thought it could have been corbina until the guy landed one...pretty cool...congrats on your catch!

BBL2Baja
08-21-2007, 10:10 AM
Sweet catch! Congrats! :thumb: :thumb:
What did you catch him on? That's the second bonefish posted this week from local harbors.

Later,
Scott

Wingnut
08-21-2007, 10:23 AM
Wow, another Bone! Second one I saw caught this week. So rare, nice job!

kingjester13
08-21-2007, 04:18 PM
WTG :thumb:

KJ13 8)

makersmark
08-21-2007, 04:57 PM
That’s awesome man, truly a rare catch out here. I wonder why their around? Maybe someone here has some insight on that??? Anyone??
Nice fish man, my hats off to you :thumb:

fishinginmyblood
08-21-2007, 08:22 PM
hey everybody thanks for all of the replies i cought the fish on a piece of anchovy about an inch long and i was fishing shalow, just a little tip so maby a few more of us could get some while they are hear

ghetto dad
08-22-2007, 06:28 PM

considering that you are the 2nd DUDE to open them post, I think you were, in fact, the one looking for the bone......

ghetto dad
08-22-2007, 06:29 PM
oh, sorry, btw, great job on that 16 inch bone that got bastard all hot and bothered....

ghetto dad
08-22-2007, 06:30 PM
So what does a Bone taste like? :? You ate it right??

Fisher-of-Men

ask bastard....lol

ghetto dad
08-22-2007, 06:31 PM

lol victor...dont be hatin cuzz your parole officer wont let you leave the state for the legends event.....

ThemBastards
08-22-2007, 10:28 PM

considering that you are the 2nd DUDE to open them post, I think you were, in fact, the one looking for the bone......

Actually I have my browser setup to alert me whenever the combination of the words 15 and bone come up on the site, this just happened to be luck.

I was gonna post a funny pic, i googled hot and bothered and uh, a lot of adult material came up.

Too tired to think of a comeback, GD

[url=http://imageshack.us:ec994]http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/2879/6gadget3uv4.jpg[/url:ec994]

Ill GET YOU NEXT TIME GHETTO! NEXT TIIIIIME!

Jester
08-23-2007, 09:02 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Monkeerow
08-23-2007, 09:35 PM
they are not rare at all guys have been catching em for a long time in san diego and mission bay i believe.. plenty of post regarding this fish on bloodydecks. i think just a couple weeks ago some guy landed like 15 in one day. nice catch either way

Monkeerow
08-23-2007, 09:39 PM
yup more like 27 fish in one day

http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/insho ... itics.html (http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/inshore-islands-fishing-reports-southern-california-usa/77269-4-kids-27-bonefish-lots-pics-critics.html)

sansou
08-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Monkerow,

You'll find them in the "south bay." The only time I gave them a shot (years ago when I first got to SD) we had success off the shore on the lee side of Coronado island (as in Silverstrand, not MX!). I accidentally caught one on very small Rapala. I'm pretty sure though that shore access is now denied, but you can still boat into the little inlets and stuff.

Monkeerow
08-23-2007, 10:46 PM
Sansou

yeah about 3 years ago i remember they were going crazy in the bay. i wanted to go give em a shot with the fly rod, but,i have a hell of a time hooking into the corbina that area all over the place and havent cought one in over a year couldnt emagine trying to locate and hook up on the bone fish.

Hitts0n
08-23-2007, 11:44 PM
great job mate!

FIT TO BE BIT
08-24-2007, 06:00 AM
Wow!
You and I must have gone to different fishing schools together since I caught one Monday in Newport Harbor.
And on a Pinhead Anchovy no less.
What a trip!
Al

Tundy
08-24-2007, 04:45 PM
I posted some info on the other Bone fish post. Quick and Dirt - they were unintentionally caught by tournament anglers in mexican waters while making bait. These bones survived the trip back in the bait tanks and were released into several local bays with other left over bait.

Monkeerow
08-24-2007, 06:13 PM
I posted some info on the other Bone fish post. Quick and Dirt - they were unintentionally caught by tournament anglers in mexican waters while making bait. These bones survived the trip back in the bait tanks and were released into several local bays with other left over bait.

wtf? they been around for a long time. that story sound kinda like the story i heard about people releasing saltwater pelagic fish into salton sea.

fishinjunkie
08-25-2007, 11:48 AM
i caught a bonefish last november the day after thanksgiving in san diego bay on a small power bait grub(i think it was called electirc chicken). they definitely put up a great fight for there size. i was using light gear so the fight was awesome. the fish was shaking the pole so hard that my reel actually came of my rod. so that made things interesting. can't wait to fish there again.

LBSea
08-27-2007, 12:15 PM
The real truth is that Bone Fish have been here for sometime now, and NO they were not brought back from Mexico! :roll: These fish have migrated to California Waters back in the 80s and probably even earlier than that courtesy of El Nino. Just like the Yellow Fin and Dorado that were being caught by half day boats in front of Dana Point, Newport & Huntington back in the El Nino of the 80's. The only difference is that unlike the Pelagic fish that follow the warm currents and food sources the bone fish decide to take up permanent residency in our local bays and estuaries. Brought back from Mexico :rofl:

Well at least that’s what some homeless dude on the pier told me. :wink:

Doug