PDA

View Full Version : Skunkset Beach 8/19/07

IslandBoi
08-20-2007, 07:52 PM
Planned to hit Sunset on Saturday morning....Alcohol consumption got the best of me Friday night and I slept thru the alram, DANGIT!!!!!

So I planned to hit it up Sunday morning. Stopped off at Big Fish @ 5:30 am. Decided to get some new line put on my reel. I go for the P-Line Halo 8lb., since I heard great reviews. Picked up some mussel, some more mosquito hooks and I'm off.

On the water at 6:00 am and I try my turn at my kroc (firetiger). Threw it all over the place, short and far, nothing.

Then I try my newly aquired MORF grubs.....got a lil secret tip from the buddy FISHUM, threw out thoses and ZIPPO! not even a nibble.....

Getting aggravated now....

So I throw out some other grubs I had, clear with sparkly flakes.....nothing.....

So I resort back to the good ole fish crack, SC worms, NADA!!!!!

I try using the mussel, Uh NAH!

So at 9:00 am, I'm done, 3 hours and not even a nibble.... Not really sure what I was doing wrong if I was doing it wrong.

P.S
That P-line halo, I don't know if it was due to the person who put it on my reel, but it tangled up almost every 3-4 casts, huge birds nest..... and I use a shimano spinnig reel. That was a first for me, birds nest with a spinning reel.

usual setup: p-line halo 8lb., 3/4 oz. egg sinker, bead, swivel, 6lb. vanish leader 4 mosquito hook.

No photos, wasn't a need for them :cry:

vanillagurilla
08-20-2007, 08:15 PM
sounds like it was over spooled or they got some major line twist in it somehow.