PDA

View Full Version : San Onofre Bluffs

Famous Ticketz
05-11-2012, 08:05 AM
hi, i was thinking on camping at San Onofre in the next few month, i have never been there, i tried to check out the spot but they wanted me to pay just to look around, oh well...... can anyone tell me if this is a good spot to camp and walk down and fish all day.... thanks in advance

sweetfish
05-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Haven't been there in a couple of years. Campgrounds are primitive and the showers only had cold water. I prefer to stay at San Mateo campground (Hot showers and more private sites).

As far as fishing goes Murrieta angler used to go there alot had some success catching hali's and perch. Trails 2-6 have cobblestone along the shoreline. Trail 1 has a much more sandy beach shoreline. Trail 3 has a tidal pool area when the tide goes out.

Definitely a decent place to go camp, relax, surf, and play. My kids love it there and will be going again this summer.

Have fun.

Famous Ticketz
07-14-2012, 01:34 AM
what trail has the best fishing?

Viejo
07-14-2012, 08:50 AM
Trail 3 on Wednesday and Trail 6 on Saturdays. :Big Grin:

Kinda of a subjective question. They are all potentially good depending on tide, wind, waves and weeds. That area doesn't get a lot of pressure....especially during the week. Grew up in SC and spent my youth surfing and fishing that area.