PDA

View Full Version : DFG Catfish Plants

denthedad59
05-10-2012, 01:47 PM
When do they start stocking catfish in the city park lakes?? The DFG site shows only trout stockings through the end of May.

Carptain_Bao
05-10-2012, 02:40 PM
I actually called em today but all the operator told me was "keep checking the website"
Best answer ever.

smokehound
05-10-2012, 02:46 PM
I hate their new layout, it's confusing the hell outta me.

etucker1959
05-10-2012, 04:49 PM
When do they start stocking catfish in the city park lakes?? The DFG site shows only trout stockings through the end of May.

In years past the first stocking of catfish can go unreported on there website.

smokehound
05-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Why wait? All our lakes still have tons of em, big ones, too! Use shrimp!

TUNAVIC
05-11-2012, 03:18 PM
562-594-7268

etucker1959
05-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Why wait? All our lakes still have tons of em, big ones, too! Use shrimp!

If only you knew how true of a statement that really is. Or maybe you do know.

smokehound
05-12-2012, 12:53 AM
If only you knew how true of a statement that really is. Or maybe you do know.Go in the late afternoon and toss some bait out there!

Carptain_Bao
05-15-2012, 03:39 PM
Does anyone know if any lake gets stocked with catfish?
It seems that dfg hasn't been doing sh#t these days.

etucker1959
05-15-2012, 04:22 PM
The DFG hasn't stocked any lakes yet. But the counties have stocked the lakes with catfish all the way back to Jan.

Hitts0n
05-15-2012, 06:04 PM

why wait for dfg? go get um now!

etucker1959
05-15-2012, 10:21 PM

Guys people have been responding in a riddle. Can you guess what the correct answer to the riddle is. HOLY SMOKES BATMAN!!!!

smokehound
05-16-2012, 09:59 PM
Here's a little trick: USE POWERBAIT.

Just plain powerbait, without the garlic scent. I guarantee a catfish if you toss some out in the evening.

bassfishing24/7
05-16-2012, 10:22 PM
i accidentally stumbled across the kittys today while Fishing for Bass!!a little birdie told me they were stocked at 6am.....

white belt
05-16-2012, 11:15 PM
Here's a little trick: USE POWERBAIT.

Just plain powerbait, without the garlic scent. I guarantee a catfish if you toss some out in the evening.

+1 caught em on nymph pb at SFD and Jurupa.

Carptain_Bao
05-18-2012, 10:44 PM
i accidentally stumbled across the kittys today while Fishing for Bass!!a little birdie told me they were stocked at 6am.....
Lol u are damn right man.They did get stocked on that day. Good job for landing a cat on that frog!
Bao

Fisherman4x
05-21-2012, 09:36 PM
anyone fish at lake elsinore hows the catfish their ?

heydaad
05-21-2012, 09:41 PM
The hot weather has the kitties biting ... just find a spot at a public beach ... they are there for the taking! Be sure to hide under an umbrella, it's very hot out here.

etucker1959
05-22-2012, 01:06 PM
The hot weather has the kitties biting ... just find a spot at a public beach ... they are there for the taking! Be sure to hide under an umbrella, it's very hot out here.
Do you know if any catfish are biting in the Marina area on shore?

rel
05-22-2012, 10:46 PM
on shore lmao
Do you know if any catfish are biting in the Marina area on shore?

Carptain_Bao
05-30-2012, 09:09 AM
Anyone knows if they will stock the north LA lakes again this week?or did the south part get stocked also?

etucker1959
05-30-2012, 11:10 AM
Anyone knows if they will stock the north LA lakes again this week?or did the south part get stocked also?

Let me help you with this one. This week Orange County. Next week will either be an off week or South LA. After that North LA and the final stocking in June will be Orange county again. The DFG will then take the summer off of stocking catfish and resume stocking them about the time the kids go back to school. They will then stock them thru November.

Carptain_Bao
05-30-2012, 01:51 PM
Let me help you with this one. This week Orange County. Next week will either be an off week or South LA. After that North LA and the final stocking in June will be Orange county again. The DFG will then take the summer off of stocking catfish and resume stocking them about the time the kids go back to school. They will then stock them thru November.
Thanks for the info u possess.Its sad to see the stocking are gonna end soon again. really gotta ush hard for the holdovers.Ive been fishing at SFD lately and trying to find the pattern.

reelgurlzfish
10-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the info u possess.Its sad to see the stocking are gonna end soon again. really gotta ush hard for the holdovers.Ive been fishing at SFD lately and trying to find the pattern.

I don't trust the DFG site and #, always seems to repeat the same info week after week and all the info i get on the forum is 'check the site' .... DFG has their heads up the *****, Last week and this week they have noted San Diego for stocking... recently they noted Orange County for 3 weeks in a row. Bah humbug! ;) hehe

smokehound
10-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Try calling Imperial Catfish farm. They might let you know what OC lakes they've stocked, or are planning to.

I like trout season alot better.. i have more fun tossing micros for trout, plus I get alot of bass on accident, too.

reelgurlzfish
10-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Try calling Imperial Catfish farm. They might let you know what OC lakes they've stocked, or are planning to.

I like trout season alot better.. i have more fun tossing micros for trout, plus I get alot of bass on accident, too. thanks for the info. Ya I have been sticking with saltwater since I can't seem to get a handle on the cats the day bite has pretty much stopped and I can't get to the lakes in the evening . I am real excited for trout season !!

smokehound
10-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Aside from that.. HUDDS!