PDA

View Full Version : Da' Goon....School wuz in session...schoolin' wuz administered : )

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-10-2012, 11:21 AM
Met up with IBOM ( Chris)….

Walked down to the water and brought the books of knowledge…ready to let the school begin session..

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2359/goon5912books.jpg
By feelthesteel (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/feelthesteel) at 2012-05-10

I immediately inspected Chris’s gear before we began, I immediately noticed that both his reels were only half full of line…

I councilled him on the importance of having a full spool and made sure he knew that next time out to be better prepared…

Showed him some dropshot rigging and the proper setup and hooks and weights and shared a couple inside tips….

I decided that the zones we were going to attack was better suited for a senko drill..

I then went through the proper senko riggings and carefully demonstrated the way I work that lure..

Chris paid close attention…

Action was slow but I went on to note that many time U must simply pound it and remain positive…

Then I got a little business on my business end…

STEEL was driven

Drag did indeed peel…

A nice solid fat quality goon feesh hit da shore

Chris aided me in taking a photo for the report…

Droppped it like it’s HOTT !

Nice drag peela’

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6981/goon59121.jpg

I said, this should help give you confidence…

Fish it like I’ve showed U…they will come in time….my main focal point was to drill the fundamentals in…

About 45 minutes to 1 hour later…..

HOOKuP~

BENDO !

Bendo EXTREME !

PIG

Drag Peelin’

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz~!

Then ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ!

Follwed by yet even MORE..

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bendo is an understatement….

Chris iz Onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

The fish was giving him a ride from HELL !

I walked over as the drag peelin’ took a very small lull and began yet again !

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

I realized I was going to have to coach him through pressure pumping the fish in and as I stood next to him….just as the words were just about to exit my mouth….

I realized…

Shiattttttttttttttttttttt

He is low on line…

Zzzzzzzzz Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Zzzzzzzzzz and then a very brief moment of silence then….

POP !

As his braided line popped like thread

Spooled OUT !

Snapped OFF : (

Ohhhh man…

I then found out he had never hooked up or landed a LMB

He tangled with a fish of a lifetime….

Unforunately that fish served him his arse in a handbasket…..

Lesson learned….a schoolin was administered from my end about methods and attacks

BUT

A Schoolin’

A BEATDOWN wuz delivered from that big female that took him for a ride !

Chris contacted the fish that most seek for a lifetime…on his FIRST HOOKUP !

I councilled him that it’s better to have loved and lost than never love at all : )

That fish was clearly a Double D with ZERO doubt in my mind….It’s my thoughts that it surpassed DD status by more than a few lbs (in my opinion)

I promptly made him do 40 pushups

3 laps around the launch ramp

Wash n’ wax my truck

And then re-spool his reel

Lessons learned about having a full spool

One fish he’ll never forget I’m sure but he now has a confidence and books of knowledge he did’nt have when he rose from bed earlier that morning…

I’d say he is now somewhat of a graduate of the book of bass’s

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/4456/goon5912graduate.jpg

We fished on as the night got late…

We decided to head out….he headed his way and I walked the other direction towards my vehicle…

I couldn’t resist a few more casts as I saw a spot that looked fishy….

About 5-6 casts later I landed 1 more then called it a night….

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1910/goon59123.jpg

Good times…Chris paid close attention….he is now ensconced in Gary’s world…

NO turnin’ back now

I’m sure the next super pig will be landed…

Good work out there Chris….just remember the words I started with,,,,, Ur hooks…Ur line is the only true thing that stands between U and the pig on shore…..always think big…that next hookup may be the pig of a lifetime..and it was ….wheewwww..

Drag Peela’ !

Congrats regardless of not landing it…..it was an experienceI’m sure you won’t soon forget !

Fished hard but squeezed the action out… : )

Gary

ibom
05-10-2012, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the invite sir, awesome nite and great learing experience even tho i got manhandled by a fish... lol.. oh well live and learn. Ill get em next time...

(also check your pm when you get the chance please and thanks)

bassfishing24/7
05-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Wowzers!!! Ive never heard of a Fish peeling a whole spool of line....great story btw.congrats on ur first hook up,I see plenty more to come!

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Wowzers!!! Ive never heard of a Fish peeling a whole spool of line....great story btw.congrats on ur first hook up,I see plenty more to come!

His spool was 1/2 full

With what appeared to be 15 braid

There is a toad out there going to be dragging 40 yards of braid for a while till that hook rots out...gonna take some time..

hopefully we can catch 'em again and cut the line off..

TOAD.............................................. ..sick shiate !

adriiiian
05-10-2012, 02:23 PM
yo gary when are you going out again??

Simplyeman
05-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Nice work, the essentials are always overlooked. Now that people have witnessed the "miracle" through this forum I have a feeling you PM will be full in no time haha.

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-10-2012, 05:57 PM
yo gary when are you going out again??

FYI, as I did mention in the other post, that was a one night one time deal, it was open to all commers though, Chris was the only one who took advantage.

Sorry you couldn't make it.

socalbassboy
05-10-2012, 07:49 PM
dang...thats awesome!!! im gunna be there friday night...gunna see what i can do :)

eggot
05-11-2012, 01:13 AM
FYI, as I did mention in the other post, that was a one night one time deal, it was open to all commers though, Chris was the only one who took advantage.

Sorry you couldn't make it.

Good thing Adrian didn't tag along. He's a live trout using bucket brigade type of fisherman. BaHahaha jk bro

Coefficient13
05-11-2012, 09:16 AM
Sounds like a good time. Would have liked to have seen how you setup your senko.

Being spooled is a good story, though! Glad it sounds like you had fun!

adriiiian
05-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Good thing Adrian didn't tag along. He's a live trout using bucket brigade type of fisherman. BaHahaha jk bro
I guess that means Ill never be a graduate of the book of bass’s (;

Hitts0n
05-11-2012, 12:16 PM
take ray lopez rookie *** out there with you and show um how its done! congrats!

cutbait
05-11-2012, 08:19 PM
take ray lopez rookie *** out there with you and show um how its done! congrats!

RAYLO!!!!!!

The man with the 3 foot shoe!

cutbait
05-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Since I'm mossed out at the duct, I guess I'm gonna have to slum it and head up there in quest of my DD largie..

Still need a DD Largie to be in the 30-10 club. {striper-Largie}

TroutOnly
05-12-2012, 09:44 PM
GARY , CARPBOY NEEDS SOME LEARNIN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,

cutbait
05-13-2012, 07:56 AM
GARY , CARPBOY NEEDS SOME LEARNIN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,

I don't need no learning BOB!! Green carp fishing was my thang back in my tourney days.. I just graduated to a more worthy adversary.. Mr. Stripey!

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-14-2012, 09:33 AM
I don't need no learning BOB!! Green carp fishing was my thang back in my tourney days.. I just graduated to a more worthy adversary.. Mr. Stripey!

I think YOU DO if you quit b4 obtaining "the prize" ahhhhhh ha ha ha