PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Worm Setups

Carptain_Bao
05-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Always wonder what you guys use for the finesse worms?
I used to use eight pound test on a light 5'6'' rod
Since that rod is totally broken, I would like to get some suggestions on a new rod for worms. I have a ML shimano now but when I use it with weightless t-rig worm, I can hardly feel anything on the other end. What would you guys suggest to buy?
Any help will be appreciated.

Bao

DarkShadow
05-09-2012, 09:18 AM
5'6" is a bit short for my tastes.

I go with a 7'0" or a 7'2" rod. My dropshot rod will usually double as a finesse worm rig, excelling in split shotting, light T-rigs, and even weightless rigs. You need a soft tip to handle the lighter line, but at the same time, you need a good backbone for hooksets and for leverage.

The dropshot models of the Crucial series were pretty decent, and the Cumaras are a great stick as well. It all depends on what your budget is.

Carptain_Bao
05-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Thank you for the suggestions,I'll definitely consider the cumara series

Rhernandez94
05-10-2012, 06:03 PM
I was at bass pro and I bought a 6'6 and a 7'half foot ultra light pole for trout, but I used it for drop shotting once and it works great!!! I have a G-Loomis drop shot rod and the backbone and soft tips are almost exact!!! Only difference is my loomis was $200 more!

Sublime-Steve
05-11-2012, 09:03 AM
Clarus ML :-)

Carptain_Bao
05-14-2012, 09:52 AM
I was at bass pro and I bought a 6'6 and a 7'half foot ultra light pole for trout, but I used it for drop shotting once and it works great!!! I have a G-Loomis drop shot rod and the backbone and soft tips are almost exact!!! Only difference is my loomis was $200 more!

Loomis is way too expensive man haha
I might try to work with my UL rod too

Carptain_Bao
05-14-2012, 09:56 AM
Clarus ML :-)

Definitely will consider it,thank you!