PDA

View Full Version : the goon - just simply bangin'

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-08-2012, 10:09 AM
Hit it again last night....

All quality fish…yoked up n’ chunky

Landed 13 and lost a few

Senko and ½ oz lipless crankbait ripped da’ lips.

Didn’t take photos this time out but most were nice grade.

Landed:

6 bout 4 lbs (FORGOT...1 OF THOSE WAS BOUT 5)
4 bout 3 ½ lbs
3 bout 2 ½ - 3 lbs

No super pigs but those will come in time if the fish gods favor me : )

Good luck out there….full waining moon was in effect..

Gary

ibom
05-08-2012, 11:51 AM
hey man, been lurking the boards for a while tryin to learn how to fish freashwater and been hitting the castaic lagoon with no luck but fallowing and using ur recommendations.... is there certain areas you hit? i tired to the right of the pier and only was catching crappie and bluegill(i believe thats what they where) and near the old entrance next to the damn... but no luck... any good spots u might wana share?

ushone
05-08-2012, 12:00 PM
the goon is pretty small, i personally would recommend just walking all the shore that you are allowed too. Just remember the further back you go ( closer to get to the dam / upper lake ) the shallower the goon gets.

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-08-2012, 02:10 PM
hey man, been lurking the boards for a while tryin to learn how to fish freashwater and been hitting the castaic lagoon with no luck but fallowing and using ur recommendations.... is there certain areas you hit? i tired to the right of the pier and only was catching crappie and bluegill(i believe thats what they where) and near the old entrance next to the damn... but no luck... any good spots u might wana share?
If ur catching crappie and bluegill then ur most likely not following my recommendations unfortunately...
though I have occasionally caught a crappie or 2 on the plastics...

I've been catching fish anywhere from just west of the now obsolete launch ramp all the way past the last campgrounds...kiss and miss and lots of walking is sometimes required...most nights I do not find 1 spot that is continually producing fish... walk...cast a few casts and repeat...of course when I do contact fish I tend to put more effort into that zone...

pay attention to when you get a strike....more often than not you'll find more fish patterning that way on that given day/night.. I.E. DEPTH…DISTANCE FROM SHORE…STRUCTURE THEYR’E RELATING TO ETC…

Not sure what ur doing to catch crappie n bluegill but obviously change what ur doing if U want bass, I have supplied the info on what I have been getting action on and I'm sure others are getting some sort of action with other methods as well....
The fish are there and beginning to get active with increased water temps

Fish the plastics...use scent...fish the plastics slow..

Try some crankbaits as well for fish higher in the water column...

the fish by the pier that U may see from time to time (bass) are mostly post spawners and small males...not saying to pass up an opportunity for a fish…try for them if U like but 90% of those fish are locked into their post spawn lockjaw or simply just beatdown from the 500 pyramid sinkers they’ve seen that day….those fish are tuff to get to go…I’ve got them to bite occasionally but it takes some real hard effort..

I tell U what…for U and anyone else who needs a foot up so to speak…

IF YOU WILL PRACTICE CATCH AND RELEASE…

Meet me below the middle campgrounds at 7pm tomorrow (Wednesday 5/9) and I’ll give you all some insight on how to attack them with plastics or crankbaits…(more focus on plastics)

Come prepared…with your proper tackle and be rigged up ready to fish and I’ll show you how..

THIS OFFER GOES OUT TO ANYONE WHO WISHES TO HONE THEIR SKILLS OF LMB FISHING..

One time offer….be there if you wish and we’ll hammer the water and see what happens..

That’s about the best I could do…

Gary

ibom
05-08-2012, 04:23 PM
well i caught the crappie and blue gill after i gave up on trying to catch a bass that would love to tease me by goin up and sniffin what ever i threw at him, but would never take the bait.. so i switched to a small hook with plastic crickets and started catchin the wee ones and throwin em back. But i did fallow the plastics with the dropshot setup on senkos and robos. i have yet to aquire/learn crank baits. I only really know swim baits from catchin sandbass in the ocean of the breakwaters

love to take you up on the offer but i get off work at 830 so wouldnt make it out there till 9ish

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-08-2012, 04:51 PM
well i caught the crappie and blue gill after i gave up on trying to catch a bass that would love to tease me by goin up and sniffin what ever i threw at him, but would never take the bait.. so i switched to a small hook with plastic crickets and started catchin the wee ones and throwin em back. But i did fallow the plastics with the dropshot setup on senkos and robos. i have yet to aquire/learn crank baits. I only really know swim baits from catchin sandbass in the ocean of the breakwaters

love to take you up on the offer but i get off work at 830 so wouldnt make it out there till 9ish

WELL THE OFFER STILL APPLIES FOR 9PM then...if you want the help...and that help applies to ALL WHO NEED it...not just you.

One time offer though....

Show up and I'll help, that way I'm not just writing theories, I'll demonstrate them in real time..

Your call, if I don't hear back from anyone by 6pm tomorrow though, I'll be moving on...

No problem either way, just trying to help...

Gary

verbalhologram
05-08-2012, 08:40 PM
I'm really thinking about meeting up tomorrow for some pointers, my success rate from shore compared to float tube isn't anywhere near as good

cutbait
05-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Its a TRAP! DOn't BuY iT!.....

I can just see the news tomorrow....

a dozen anglers found dead in the bushes at the lagoon... All suffering from bleeding earholes

Surfer
05-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Its a TRAP! DOn't BuY iT!.....

I can just see the news tomorrow....

a dozen anglers found dead in the bushes at the lagoon... All suffering from bleeding earholes

A dozen men raped and left for dead.

etucker1959
05-08-2012, 10:13 PM

You guys are funny! But that is a real nice offer from Gary, no wonder good karma follows him around where ever he goes!!!

ibom
05-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Ill take you up on the offer. Ill be there around 9 or however long it takes for me to get from Van Nuys to Castaic after i get off work. should only be 20-30 min. just tell me where to find ya.

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-09-2012, 09:57 AM
I'm really thinking about meeting up tomorrow for some pointers, my success rate from shore compared to float tube isn't anywhere near as good

Ur welcome to show up...of course I cannot guarentee fish but I can guarantee u'll come away with wisdom...

I'll remind everyone that If I do not have any confirmation by6pm when I leave work today, I'll consider that no one is showing...but I'm happy to help all comers who rsvp so to speak

Ahhhhkhaaa....close...that is the part where Cutbait takes charge...

I follow up with the widows : )

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-09-2012, 11:44 AM
To Ibom and anyone else who may be showing up for the instructional session.

1. Park at parking lot near the big fishing pier.
2. Walk down the campground area (going north)when you get to the second camping section, walk down the hill to the water and look for me, I’ll be there, Ibom will be there at 9pm, I’ll get there about 8-8:30.
3. Please be prepared with your senko’s n’ dropshot tackle, crankbaits if you want some insight about that method.
4. Be prepared to walk a little if we want to actually catch some fish but note: the main focus of this is to teach you about the methods, it isn’t about guiding you onto fish but to educate, but of course since we are there and fishing, hopefully the fish gods will be favoring us with some hookups….

I hooked up 7 times last night and landed 5 so there is definitely a possibility…think positive : )

Again this is an open invitation, this isn’t anything I’ll be doing on a regular basis so please take advantage if you need help.

Thanks,
Gary

Coefficient13
05-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Sadly I'll miss this.

Go if you can, Gary knows what's up.

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-09-2012, 06:01 PM
I'll be over there bout 8pm....

See you there...

Gary

trail blazer
05-09-2012, 06:42 PM
LMB tacos tomarow,,,,,,YUK!

LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Wish i could make this event gary ,,,Maby next time

TRAIL BLAZER

ibom
05-09-2012, 09:16 PM
I'm over here at Castaic. Where are you? I only see two other people and no one else...

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-10-2012, 09:48 AM
I'm over here at Castaic. Where are you? I only see two other people and no one else...

Oh...u meant last night ?????

ahhh ha ha ha just kidding....I found 'em

we fished.......report forthcomingZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz