PDA

View Full Version : Back from my duct sabbatical...

ZipperWurm
05-08-2012, 04:48 AM
hey all! been awhile since i posted a report of any kind here...haven't really done much fishing since like october...i finally bought my first house and its been taking up most of my time and money (especially money :LOL:) but now that things have quieted down i figured its time to start back up where i left off.

hit the duct 3 times this week...but not much to say about it really. all 3 times were at night between midnight and 3am in hopes that this full moon and warmer weather would assist me with some luck. first trip i threw nothing but lipless cranks and flukes in hopes of that elusive stiper i've been chasing, with no such luck. next 2 trips were with a couple friends and we played the bait and wait game with chovies and chicken liver...i only managed one short bite, but not a taker :Embarrassed: i figured at least some kitties might come out to play, but they were shy.

as far as conditions, current was flowing harder last night than it was tonight. LOTS of weeds and salad floating around and making it a bit difficult for us...but at least the moon was bright and the wind was fairly well mannered. i don't have a thermometer, but the water is quite warm to the touch. there was also LOTS of fish jumping...i assume they were carp...

not sure whats going on with the bite...it's a common occurrence for me to catch the skunk with the stripeys...but not the kitties, i usually have them dialed in. maybe once the weather is more consistent the bite will pick up.

all trips were in west lancaster...

cutbait
05-08-2012, 05:11 AM
hey all! been awhile since i posted a report of any kind here...haven't really done much fishing since like october...i finally bought my first house and its been taking up most of my time and money (especially money :LOL:) but now that things have quieted down i figured its time to start back up where i left off.

hit the duct 3 times this week...but not much to say about it really. all 3 times were at night between midnight and 3am in hopes that this full moon and warmer weather would assist me with some luck. first trip i threw nothing but lipless cranks and flukes in hopes of that elusive stiper i've been chasing, with no such luck. next 2 trips were with a couple friends and we played the bait and wait game with chovies and chicken liver...i only managed one short bite, but not a taker :Embarrassed: i figured at least some kitties might come out to play, but they were shy.

as far as conditions, current was flowing harder last night than it was tonight. LOTS of weeds and salad floating around and making it a bit difficult for us...but at least the moon was bright and the wind was fairly well mannered. i don't have a thermometer, but the water is quite warm to the touch. there was also LOTS of fish jumping...i assume they were carp...

not sure whats going on with the bite...it's a common occurrence for me to catch the skunk with the stripeys...but not the kitties, i usually have them dialed in. maybe once the weather is more consistent the bite will pick up.

all trips were in west lancaster...

Water temps are touching 72 on hot days here and cooling to mid 60's at night..

http://www.water.ca.gov/swp/waterquality/AutostationData/Autostation_map.cfm

I will absolutely murder them at one gate and blank on all the rest.