PDA

View Full Version : Fish here, fish there; fish, fish everywhere!!!...):}+{:(...

The Fishing Queen
05-08-2012, 12:20 AM
5/7, arrived Puddingstone at 8:30am. It was an overcast morning starting with a temperature in the mid 70's. Met with the three amigos - Robert, Chuck(VIVD_FLY) and Mike at the East Shore. At first, the three fly fishermen were catching sunfish by the shore. I was fishing with my regular pink fly gear. I had Robert's custom made dry fly (size 18) on, I only got a few bites, but no catch. Later when I checked on the fly, I found out that my favorite fly had been worn out badly. After I changed to a Hares Ear flashback size 14 dry fly, I soon caught 5 small crappies. About 9:30, the three guys decided to move and fish at a different area. I stayed and fished for an hour and caught 13 more small crappies. I left the Pudd at 10:30 for an appointment, and I had a total of 18 fish in two hours.

I went back to the Pudd around 1pm, and fished around the same area where I left this morning. The sun was very warm, the temperature raised to the mid 80's and the water looked pretty clear. The panfish were everywhere and they were about 10 -15 feet away from the shore. They were crazy about my Hares Ear fly, and they were biting very aggressively. With slow retrieve, almost every two or three minutes I had a fish on that fly. I was so busy with catch and release, I lost counting of how many crappies I had ( I guess it might be 30 - 35 fish in 2 hours). About 3:30 -4:45, I moved to the little cove area and fished there for a while and I caught 11 more mixed panfish with bluegills, redears and 2 small bass.

Around 5 o'clock, I took out my new Tenkara fly rod and the lucky Hares Ear flashback. Since I've been fishing with Robert and Chuck these days and watched how they fished with Tenkara rods, I tried the way I remembered from them. I fished for 40 mins and I caught 2 crappies with it. I was excited that I broke in my Tenkara rod before I called the day off.

Fish count:
18 crappies in the morning
2 small bass, 9 mixed bluegills and redears, estimate 32-37 crappies in the afternoon.
Estimate a total of 60+ panfish

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p561/TheFishingQueen/Tenkara1.png

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p561/TheFishingQueen/Tenkara3.png

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p561/TheFishingQueen/Tenkara4.png

(All crappies and bass were small sized fish and they were carefully released. Some redears, bluegills were released, and some larger sized were giving away to the people who fished next to me).

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p561/TheFishingQueen/mini5.png

Carptain_Bao
05-08-2012, 08:06 AM
Good job the fishing queen!
Gotta love that tenkara rod!
It reminds me of the good ol' time that I had with my dad back in China.thats what we use to catch carp.Although its hard to pull em up,but it was very exciting!

Cartman
05-08-2012, 09:12 AM
That pole broke really close to the base. I always expect them to break out at the more fragile tip end. What happened that it broke so far back?

Carptain_Bao
05-08-2012, 09:20 AM
That pole broke really close to the base. I always expect them to break out at the more fragile tip end. What happened that it broke so far back?

I don't think that pole is broken,does the first pic make u think it's broken? This kind of poles you just put every section inside the base one.

TUNAVIC
05-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Fantastic day!Man,or I should say Woman,you slayed,that must of been alot of fun on your new rod.
I've never fished that way,except when young with a cane pole or maybe I should say a stick pole.
Nice to see someone widen their ability's,I wouldn't mind trying that method one day,where would you suggest purchasing that kind of rod?
I love fishing the Pudd,but now with the gas thing I don't go there as much as I would like,I keep hitting Legg Lake,like 3dollars gas ,compared to20+bucks the puddle.Thanks for the report,keep up the good work.

Cya Tuna Vic

GhettoBasster
05-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Fantastic job! You really have some skills. Thanks for the report.

Cartman
05-08-2012, 11:33 AM
I don't think that pole is broken,does the first pic make u think it's broken? This kind of poles you just put every section inside the base one.

Oh yeah, my bad. She said she broke her it in, not broke it. Should take the time to read more carefully. Duh.

Skyler
05-08-2012, 04:47 PM
http://thedailyrecord.com/maryland-business/files/2011/06/2486-1-one-fish-two-fish-red-fish.jpg

VIVID_FLY
05-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Nice break in on the TENKARA. Robert and I fished around the high pier to the PIPES and got some nice action in the shadows..close to shore....

<'((((((><

Troutcz swimbait
05-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Nice report Alice,thats a nice new rod you got there now lets see that thing realy bend on a carp.Whats your next new rod going to be,maybe a pink PHENIX?

The Fishing Queen
05-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Good job the fishing queen!
Gotta love that tenkara rod!
It reminds me of the good ol' time that I had with my dad back in China.thats what we use to catch carp.Although its hard to pull em up,but it was very exciting!

Thank you 'Strobao'! The Tenkara rod is fun to use and I can feel the bites pretty well. Since the panfish are much closer to the shore, it benefits us to use this type of rod.

The Fishing Queen
05-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Fantastic day!Man,or I should say Woman,you slayed,that must of been alot of fun on your new rod.
I've never fished that way,except when young with a cane pole or maybe I should say a stick pole.
Nice to see someone widen their ability's,I wouldn't mind trying that method one day,where would you suggest purchasing that kind of rod?
I love fishing the Pudd,but now with the gas thing I don't go there as much as I would like,I keep hitting Legg Lake,like 3dollars gas ,compared to20+bucks the puddle.Thanks for the report,keep up the good work.

Cya Tuna Vic

Ha, ha,.... Not a man, but a fisher lady..... It was so much fun and I felt like a young kid fishing. I went to the Pudd this morning again, and I caught between 50-60 mixed panfish on my new Tenkara rod. It's basically like a stick pole, there is no reel attached to the rod, just a special kind of fishing line with a tippet on it. My pole will extend to 11' long, and the line with the tippet is about 16' long. You can buy a Tenkara rod from a websit called 'www.Uxcell.com'. It's made in China, it's a Tenkara knock off, but it will help you to start out without breaking your wallet. I saw your new report, and good job on catching the monster carp!!

The Fishing Queen
05-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Fantastic job! You really have some skills. Thanks for the report.

Thanks for the encouragement, 'GhettoBasster'! Everyday is a new day for learning and improving. :Smile:

The Fishing Queen
05-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Oh yeah, my bad. She said she broke her it in, not broke it. Should take the time to read more carefully. Duh.

:LOL:, you're too funny sometimes... Well if you are still interested in fly fishing, this is a good time to learn since the panfish are close to the shore. You don't even have to cast far to get them.

The Fishing Queen
05-08-2012, 09:36 PM
http://thedailyrecord.com/maryland-business/files/2011/06/2486-1-one-fish-two-fish-red-fish.jpg

You got it, 'Skyler', you're such an artist!!

Nice break in on the TENKARA. Robert and I fished around the high pier to the PIPES and got some nice action in the shadows..close to shore....

<'((((((><

Thanks Chuck! Thanks for all of your help!!!

Nice report Alice,thats a nice new rod you got there now lets see that thing realy bend on a carp.Whats your next new rod going to be,maybe a pink PHENIX?

How are you doing, my friend?! Still slaying the trout in Utah? What's my next thing going to be, how about bow fishing?

Troutcz swimbait
05-09-2012, 09:24 AM
You got it, 'Skyler', you're such an artist!!

Thanks Chuck! Thanks for all of your help!!!

How are you doing, my friend?! Still slaying the trout in Utah? What's my next thing going to be, how about bow fishing?It's wide open bite at Panguitch lake,nothing over 2lbs.