PDA

View Full Version : Late 3/4 Spitfire Cat Report 7/18

reckless_m@
08-20-2007, 02:30 PM
Had the day off fri so I made a last min decision to hop on the Spit. Got the landing by 4:50am to get a good spot in the stern. Wound up being a lite load of about 20 anglers.....comfy ride to the island. Steve was running the boat, Derek in the galley, Mo and Bobby on the deck.

Started the day off on the west end. WFO on the sportcoats in the 13-15in models. All on flylined dines. I also hooked into one of those bigger model 5lb bones.....super fun on the bass gear.

Moved up the island to avoid the pbers and look for the yellers. A bit slow, a couple bass, a few small bones, and some random gar.

Spot 3 was money! It went WFO on the bigger bass, just throw a dine into the kelp and it was on. Lots of 2s/3s going over the rail and the JP fish went 5+. We also hooked 4 yellows. A couple fish on the dines and a couple on the mac [fluoro is key]. We only got 2 on the boat. Dogs suck.

All in all, excellent trip out to Catalina. Bass fishing couldnt have been any better. And decent shot on the yellers. The guys on the Spitfire are great, always love fishing on that boat. Tight lines....

JapanRon
08-20-2007, 09:40 PM
Hi reckless_m@,

Sounds like you had a good time. Thanks for the report.

JapanRon

Greg Madrigal
08-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the report. LOL- I never heard them called sportscoats!!!! :D

GM