PDA

View Full Version : Pudd license check!

Rhernandez94
05-06-2012, 07:15 PM
They were checking fishing Licenses on shore and on the water! I talked to the lifeguard and he said they are going to get stricter on fishing licenses, going to check livewells, and size of fish!!! In all the years I have fished there this was the first time I have been checked. I'm glad there are alot if ghetto people fishing illegally and taking home what they shouldn't be!!!

t3rry
05-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Well I hope they really start doing this in all the lakes. I've read and heard a lot of stories of people reporting poachers with nothing happening, because they are so slow to act , IF they even act on it to begin with. It sure as hell is a start for them to do this at pudd.

Rhernandez94
05-06-2012, 07:36 PM
From what they said and how they said it, they were pretty serious!!

old pudd fisher
05-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Good I have seen a lot of bad crap go on there in my days.

Rhernandez94
05-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Good I have seen a lot of bad crap go on there in my days.

Yea me too!!! They know and are not going to let it go unnoticed anymore

Lakerfan160
05-06-2012, 08:31 PM
at santa fe dam the dfg and lifeguards are checking for license and the amount of rods on the water. so im pretty sure their serious! finally

t3rry
05-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Well with the original poster and with what lakerfan160 has to say, this is very promising news indeed!

The Fishing Queen
05-06-2012, 10:10 PM
I wish DFG and lifeguards would check for fishing licenses in Lake Gregory, a lot of illegal poachers fish there and they get away with it. I saw some people with three rods fishing too, and who knows how many fish they had in their big cooler.

Carptain_Bao
05-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Poachers always get away with those fines and tickets. Good to see the dfg wardens out there more often.

eethomas
05-06-2012, 10:39 PM
Oh they are serious, I was at the Pudd 2 weeks ago and they checked everyone on the shore for licenses, and also ticketed a guy on a raft for no launch permit or life jacket on board.

denthedad59
05-08-2012, 02:12 PM
I've fished at Apollo quite a few times this year and I see at least one Sheriff's car every time I'm there. Only one time have they gotten out of their car and asked for my license though. Sometimes there will be more than one sitting at the back of the lake just talking...then they just drive on by and leave. I wish they would have stepped up their enforcement this year. They had some very nice plantings at Apollo this year but man...some of these people go crazy. I've personally seen guys catch a limit..go home and drop off their fish...and come right back and start fishing again. I saw one guy fishing way in the back with six poles in the water. He thought he was slick because he had the extra poles laying on the ground pointing away from the water but you could see the line running into the water...it might have worked if he used the lo-vis green line but the guy had fluorescent on and you could see it plain as day. I watched the Sheriff drive by him twice. Sometimes I want to say something but figure it's not worth the risk...I'm there to fish, not get into a fight.

flyhigh123
05-08-2012, 03:39 PM
they should raise the fines for not having a license and confiscate all fishing gear for anyone without a license. This will put more money into DFG to hire more people to check for licenses and better regulate fishing.

dixoncider
05-08-2012, 03:46 PM
You don't have to have you license visible anymore do you?

Rhernandez94
05-08-2012, 06:38 PM
I think you still do but I Dosent make sense cuz the license is sun sensitive and fades?? Yea I wish they would step it up everywhere, the people that do things right always end up paying the price, (ex. Lake closures during the week) because of low funds, ticket the people and confiscate their poles and gear and raffle them off. That's what I would do

fishing_freak
05-08-2012, 08:17 PM
no u dont have to anymore not since 2010

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/fishing/sportfishingfaqs.html

fishermanx14
05-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Oh they are serious, I was at the Pudd 2 weeks ago and they checked everyone on the shore for licenses, and also ticketed a guy on a raft for no launch permit or life jacket on board.

i think i was there too...were those the guys killing the crappie one after another?

TUNAVIC
05-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Great!!! No one that plays by the rules is gonna be upset!

eethomas
05-09-2012, 08:23 PM
i think i was there too...were those the guys killing the crappie one after another?
No, not while I was there. Everyone was looking for the crappie, but no one caught any while I was there.