PDA

View Full Version : Sav-On tackle sea bass fishing seminar

Mr_Dunev
05-06-2012, 07:25 AM
Anyone else going to this today? I'm not sure what time it starts, but I'll be there with my GF. I'm pretty sure its free.

Free knowledge sounds pretty good to me!

Just found this in WONews

Sun., May 6: Sav-On Tackle, located at 9917 Orr & Day Rd. in Santa Fe Springs, will be hosting their 2012 Basstravaganza from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. There will be guest speakers, demonstrations, vendor booths and raffle prizes; plus, a free lunch. For more information, call (562) 864-2911.

bsp
05-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Went last year, it was pretty good, and so was the lunch. The SWBA guys tend to be a chill group, and you'll pick up some calico/sandy/spottie knowledge. Grab a few of the Reebs Bolt Throwers if they've got a booth. I've done well using them in fresh/salt for bass, and their Kelp Assassins are pretty good jigs. The WAR guys are always good for some info too. Pearl swimbaits are a personal favorite... need to drop by Performance Tackle to pick a few up, but they should be there today. Bit more durable than Big Hammer with a different action too.

Mr_Dunev
05-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Went last year, it was pretty good, and so was the lunch. The SWBA guys tend to be a chill group, and you'll pick up some calico/sandy/spottie knowledge. Grab a few of the Reebs Bolt Throwers if they've got a booth. I've done well using them in fresh/salt for bass, and their Kelp Assassins are pretty good jigs. The WAR guys are always good for some info too. Pearl swimbaits are a personal favorite... need to drop by Performance Tackle to pick a few up, but they should be there today. Bit more durable than Big Hammer with a different action too.

Thanks Marc,

I'll check out those booths. Always enjoy trying new products!