PDA

View Full Version : Santa fe Dam 5/5/12

Carptain_Bao
05-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Hit up the dam around 4:30, stayed at my honey hole. Still fishing for kitties. Baited with mackerel. Lost quite a few short bites at first. Finally, I just cast my cat buster out, as soon as I was trying to put the bell on, BAM! Huge bendo! Set the hook, fish on! From the head shakes I can tell that's what I've been looking for. It took me five minutes or so to bring it back near the shoreline but it still didn't want to give up. This one is a tough fighter! It tried to make two short runs then finally gave up. it's a good looking 3lber. I felt kinda tired after the fight with this guy. It is a good fight for sure. Later the bite was on, caught three trouts just like what I told u guys last time. All lip hooked but one of em can't make it therefore I decided to take the kitty n that trout home. Released the other two safely. I am pretty sure if I just use a #6 or 8 hook I would just kill it at that spot. But I wasn't really looking for trout, just lookig for some hard fighting cats.

BTW is anyone going to the moonlight fishing event on May 25th? Or has anyone been there b4? Will it be packed? Me and some friends will be there. Lemme know if anyone is going.

Bao

Lakerfan160
05-05-2012, 10:47 PM
good job on the fishes. i have been to the moolight fishing last year its doesnt get that pack but it does on the right side
of the boat rentels on the point.
i get there like 2hrs early, 4:00, since i have the year pass so i dont have to pay for parking:] to get a good spot .