PDA

View Full Version : Lake Gregory 5/4/12

white belt
05-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Fished Gregory yesterday. First time out since my baby girl was born. Met Craig, nice guy. Caught my first brown and one other rainbow from 10-3. No fish from anyone on the concrete block after about 12. Still a good day out with the wife n baby. Nice meeting a fellow FNN'er as well.

Oh yea saw a huge crappie caught. It was bigger than both my trouts. didnt know this lake had em. Guy next to me caught it jigging a trout worm. We took a pic and released it.

The Fishing Queen
05-05-2012, 07:08 PM
I was fishing at the lake yesterday afternoon (2:40pm - 5pm) for a couple hours, caught 2 rainbows on a lure. I ran into Craig. Yes, he is a nice gentleman and he had two trout when he left the lake. He told me about you and your new born baby. Congratulations to you and your family!!

fishfnatic
05-05-2012, 07:15 PM
I was at Gregory on the 4th as well. Turns out the website is wrong and you can't put your own row boat on the lake... The ranger was super awesome in helping my two brothers and I out and we ended up renting a boat. BEST FISHING DAY EVER. I can't even count how many browns we cnr'd. My brothers have the 3 pictures we took, I don't have any to upload :/. We were on the lake from 7am until 2pm. We must have caught 40+ browns, 2 didn't make it and went into the basket. 4 stocker bows went into the basket. Lastly 2 of what I believe to be native trout were cnr'd. They have the circles and none white bottom with full fins. Freaking amazing. The browns out there loved the pink shad power worm drop shotted on a slow retrieve in about 14' of water with heavy cover. The browns were also being pulled out on Firetiger Kastmasters. I personally pulled in 1 stocker, 1 native, and 10 browns. Thanks Alice for your help, unfortunately the PB got no love lol.

The Fishing Queen
05-05-2012, 08:52 PM
fishfnatic, I'm glad that you guys had fun on the lake. I went up to the mountains on Friday around 2 pm. Very windy by where I was fishing. I hooked one fish on PB, but when I was reeling it in it ran into some structure and it got stuck under the water. I had to break my line and loose the fish. It looked like the loop of my leader broke off (might be that the loop hooked on something, because I got my weight and swivel back). But I caught the other two on a lure.... Trout derby day I got all my trout with PB, two guys who were using lures at the far end caught nothing..... Sometimes people ask me where is my favorite fishing spot, and I always say it is the middle of the lake. And that's why I use my fishing kayak to fish when the weather warms up. And you just proved my point with your great results.

CraigH
05-06-2012, 04:38 AM
Nice meeting you white belt. I moved over to the ball park, but no one (except the fishing queen) was catching fish there. For the first time in 40 years of fishing I had forgotten my tackle box at home and didn't have any of my usual lures so I packed up and left after a couple of hours. Drove by the wall on the way and it looked like everyone had left. Sounds like renting a boat was the ticket.

white belt
05-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Fishfnatic i saw you guys on the lake. Good job out there.

Fishing Queen thanks for the congrats :) i actually thought you were someone else fishing by me because she had all pink gear and pink tackle but craig told me it wasnt you haha

The Fishing Queen
05-06-2012, 11:32 AM
:LOL:Ha, ha, that's funny!! Don't just look for a lady with pink rods, the way to tell if it's the fishing queen, or not, is that she is catching fish! I fished once with 'fishnatic' and 'CreagH' at different times, and they know what I am talking about. There are also two ladies who fish with pink rods in Puddingstone every day, but I can tell you that neither of them is me.:LOL:

white belt
05-06-2012, 02:56 PM
:LOL:Ha, ha, that's funny!! Don't just look for a lady with pink rods, the way to tell if it's the fishing queen, or not, is that she is catching fish! I fished once with 'fishnatic' and 'CreagH' at different times, and they know what I am talking about. There are also two ladies who fish with pink rods in Puddingstone every day, but I can tell you that neither of them is me.:LOL:

she had a few really nice size trout on her stringer but Craig did mention you're usually by the ball park. Oh and she was fishing crawlers and i know thats not how you roll haha

CraigH
05-06-2012, 03:40 PM
she had a few really nice size trout on her stringer but Craig did mention you're usually by the ball park. Oh and she was fishing crawlers and i know thats not how you roll haha

Speaking of the way Fishing Queen rolls, her tackle box literally does roll. It has a long handle and wheels.

Fishing Queen may know the lady who was fishing by us. I think she is a Crestline local. Her name is Judy, and she has a small pink tackle box in addition to the pink fishing rod. She might have caught the bigger fish before you got there? Someone weighed it at over 2 pounds.

white belt
05-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Speaking of the way Fishing Queen rolls, her tackle box literally does roll. It has a long handle and wheels.

Fishing Queen may know the lady who was fishing by us. I think she is a Crestline local. Her name is Judy, and she has a small pink tackle box in addition to the pink fishing rod. She might have caught the bigger fish before you got there? Someone weighed it at over 2 pounds.

I think I saw her weighing it as I was setting up. I thought it was going to be on after seeing that haha didnt turn out that way!

Nastybite
05-17-2012, 02:13 PM
Fished Gregory yesterday. First time out since my baby girl was born. Met Craig, nice guy. Caught my first brown and one other rainbow from 10-3. No fish from anyone on the concrete block after about 12. Still a good day out with the wife n baby. Nice meeting a fellow FNN'er as well.

Oh yea saw a huge crappie caught. It was bigger than both my trouts. didnt know this lake had em. Guy next to me caught it jigging a trout worm. We took a pic and released it.

Sorry but it's Trout. That's just a pet peeve of mine when people say trouts....

I was there the day before and killed it by the concrete wall. Easily 20+ fish in 2 hours all C&R on a Pixie Spoon.